FINALLY checked out AGAIN

I know I know.....just a sad state of affairs....but I finally went up! Got the bug back, and I'm working on my CFI book right now. Finally got a 141 sylabus to help me out too.

Went over to Compton airport here in So Cal. They want RW to do approaches to 25R, AND do left traffic!! Fortunately there were no FW traffic, but that's just an accident waiting to happen! It's uncontrolled too! BUT, you can do 180 auto's to 25L....go figure! My first auto in almost a year, dead nuts to the numbers! Same for the 180's.....MAN....it felt good! :)

Went out to San Pedro to Berth 300(3 football fields put together...just dirt though). Came in over the spot at 1900 AGL at 60 kts, CFI announces "engine failure", and chops it on me, now I'm doing a 180 auto to downwind, then 180 auto to final, to the spot! AWESOME! The CFI made a comment of "Man you really missed doing this, huh?" DAMN SKIPPY I DO MISS THIS! :)

BTW....the long story short, my wife tried to get a gift certificate at my school,(for my B-Day) which they couldn't find. She talked to the owner on the phone, but she couldn't wait til he got there, she had to leave.....long story short, yeah right....so a few days go by, and the owner calls me.....wanted to wish me a belated B-Day.....and said that he would like give a free hour as a present.......WHAT.....I repeated that he was giving me a free hour of flight time.....he said yes....I asked are you F'n kidding me??....he said NO! Can you believe that? I was so bowled over......that says a lot out a school/company.....he said he likes to treat his students well! And I still have $ the wife gave me too!! :) I've never had ANY school give me that! I was quite impressed! Student then employee....for a qutie a long time!!

Cheers

R91

Sorry for the rambling! Had diarhea of the mouth today! :)

They want RW to do approaches to 25R, AND do left traffic!!

Rob- I couldnt agree more....this makes no sense to me. When I fly into Compton, I wont take off if a fixed is on final or on the runway....I try to time it so they are on the downwind...gotta love those wires on the west and south sides...!! Yikes !

They want RW to do approaches to 25R, AND do left traffic!!

Rob- I couldnt agree more....this makes no sense to me. When I fly into Compton, I wont take off if a fixed is on final or on the runway....I try to time it so they are on the downwind...gotta love those wires on the west and south sides...!! Yikes !

Correct me if I am wrong here!

If the airport is uncontrolled, they can WANT you to do anything they like. But all you have to do is remain clear of the fixed wing traffic. You have to make the call on what is safe!

Correct me if I am wrong here!

If the airport is uncontrolled, they can WANT you to do anything they like. But all you have to do is remain clear of the fixed wing traffic. You have to make the call on what is safe!

Nuke,

Yes it's uncontrolled, but ALL helicopters are to use the 25R, and FW to use 25L. I think this was from the owner/operator of the airport. Plus no running landings or takoffs. Nothing like having to do a left peddle turn to check 25L before YOU takeoff! No big deal though, just have to keep your eye's peeled! TOA no instructing on the weekends, so we go over to Compton. BUT, the berths at Pedro work just as good, plus your just making position reports on Harbor Traffic freq..

Rob