Astar & Blackhawks over downtown Los Angeles on Sunday

rotor91

Rob, the city currently has 31 films permitted that are major motion pictures.

Oceans 13 is one of them, but honestly don't know if thats who is using the Blackhawks.

The last time I saw 3 birds over downtown was back around 1983...turned out to be a lil movie called "Blue Thunder" ..

Safe flying,

Goldy

I was the lead pilot in the flight seen over LA last weekend. We were doing shoots for the up coming Michael Bay film Transformers which is do to be released July 4th 2007. Just wanted to squash the rumors before they got crazy. Yes it was a movie shoot, not a national guard recruiting video.

I was the lead pilot in the flight seen over LA last weekend. We were doing shoots for the up coming Michael Bay film Transformers which is do to be released July 4th 2007. Just wanted to squash the rumors before they got crazy. Yes it was a movie shoot, not a national guard recruiting video.

Not to downplay the role of the helicopter in this thread, but I grew up in the 80's. Transformers? As in robots or is it something else? Don't need details that you probably can't give but I'd love to know. Okay guys, back to helicopters. :D

Hawk,

Are you a civilian pilot or military? Just curious how they get the military pilots for these shoots. Was Helinet doing the filming? There was a guy at Helinet about 13+years that got checked out in the Blackhawk, don't remember his name though.

BTW...nice sight to see those 60's over downtown! Still one of favorite ships flying today!

PM me if you get time!

Cheers-

R91

Not to downplay the role of the helicopter in this thread, but I grew up in the 80's. Transformers? As in robots or is it something else? Don't need details that you probably can't give but I'd love to know. Okay guys, back to helicopters. :D
There really IS a Transformers movie in production right now. Hybrid live action / CGI, tons of composites, etc. It's a Michael Bay flick so... yeah... :D

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Okay everyone, here is the best that I can do about the movie shoot:

Yes it was for the new Transformers movie. No I was not acting as a transformer, but as a military aircraft helping the Autobots. That is about all I can give out, I don't want to spoil anything because this movie is going to rock. I spent 2 days on set and watched many scenes being film. There are all kinds of stuff being blown up and alot of action, so on July 4, 2007 head out and see it. I can gaurentee that you will love it.

To answer the other questions, yes I am a military UH-60 Instructor Pilot stationed here in lovely (not so much) California. I have been in for 17 years, flying for 6 of those. I flew in Afghanitsan and love my job. The military allows film productions to use us for a couple reasons: 1. Recruiting (we look cool :), and 2. The money (films pay the government alot of money to use the aircraft and crews. I flew in "Tears Of The Sun" when I was stationed in Hawaii.

Helinet did all of the aerial photos and video for the shoot. They were a great group of professionals to work with and if any of you read this, thanks for a great weekend and I can fly on weekends whenever you need me. :)

Stay safe everyone.

Hawk10

Okay everyone, here is the best that I can do about the movie shoot:

Yes it was for the new Transformers movie. No I was not acting as a transformer, but as a military aircraft helping the Autobots. That is about all I can give out, I don't want to spoil anything because this movie is going to rock. I spent 2 days on set and watched many scenes being film. There are all kinds of stuff being blown up and alot of action, so on July 4, 2007 head out and see it. I can gaurentee that you will love it.

To answer the other questions, yes I am a military UH-60 Instructor Pilot stationed here in lovely (not so much) California. I have been in for 17 years, flying for 6 of those. I flew in Afghanitsan and love my job. The military allows film productions to use us for a couple reasons: 1. Recruiting (we look cool :), and 2. The money (films pay the government alot of money to use the aircraft and crews. I flew in "Tears Of The Sun" when I was stationed in Hawaii.

Helinet did all of the aerial photos and video for the shoot. They were a great group of professionals to work with and if any of you read this, thanks for a great weekend and I can fly on weekends whenever you need me. :)

Stay safe everyone.

Hawk10

Bro,

Sounds like some serious shamming going on! :P

Stay safe out there.