Does anybody know where you can purchase a pad to rest your arm on while flying. When I'm using the cyclic my hand does not seem comfortable resting on my knee, so I have a tendency to hold my arm up higher and it gets tired after awhile. Any help would be appreciated.

Any craft store, or (cringe) Wal-Mart should have some type of foam you could make a pad out of. Pick up some type of breathable fabric to wrap it in. If you know how to sew, you could make a sleeve for it which could be removed for washing. If the foam is not thick enough, then you can always layer it.

--PF

Rotorchic,

Sent you a PM with the e-mail address of a girl I've flown with. She has an armrest she designed that works pretty well.

Fly Safe

Clark B)

Hey rotorchic!

I'm guessing you're a girl so we're probably similar sizes - I also had the feeling at first that I wanted to hold my hand to high and it didn't seem possible to keep it on my knee and reach well enough to steer at the same time. After I got a bit more relaxed my hand moved into a pretty different position and now I find it on my lap most of the time, even though at first I couldn't see how that would even be possible. So you might want to give it some time and see if it falls into place before you start making implements.

B)

I like this question since I have been considering making some kind of knee pad for the Astar. I have long legs and with the offset pedals, my right knee and hip gets sore when flying. If I might ask, has anyone else had these kinds of issues?

I would be interested in your solution.

:D