nominations

Guest pokey

Reading some of these posts, maybe we should have "weekly nominations" for posters in two catagories:

1) most arrogant & disrespectful poster :o

2) most helpful & curteous poster B)

and at the end of the month, we take the nominees from both catagories & have a poll :)

but? we do have posters that fit into neither of those catagories too, any suggestions for more catagories?

Pokey,

As much as I would like to take this opportunity to slam some of my more favorite posters on this wonderful forum I see the preverbal Pandora’s Box cracking it’s lid. I think by giving out “awards” for most obnoxious and least helpful member we may be promoting the attitude and most people don’t need much encouragement to be an hss aole (if ya know what I mean). There are (jh) plenty of other (jh) forums (jh) that seem to be happy (jh) to throw the hat into that (jh) arena, AND I WON’T MENTION (jh) ANY NAMES THAT WOULD BE BENIETH ME(jh). :blink: The people most deserving of the other side of that game don’t do it for the chance to patted on the back for it but for the pleasure of it (but I could be wrong)

My Opinion Only

Well said Jocko.

Altho i never really intended this "brilliant idea" to become reality & actually happen, i too did see a Pandora's box connection. But remember what was left in her box? HOPEfully the ones reading this post will know which category most describes their posts.

Maybe we can get Rey to add another forum category "Bash a member" or "Bar room brawl" ? :unsure:

Just when the Silverstate crap started to slow down...... now this

Oh and Jocko.................... I like your subtle hints ;)

Fly Safe

Clark B)

Maybe we can get Rey to add another forum category "Bash a member" or "Bar room brawl" ? :unsure:

GREAT idea superman ! Then maybe it wont spill over into the "real discussions".

Dont get me wrong, i dont want to promote this kind of behavior, it's just kinda sad that it even has to exist, AND we all know that the internet is NOT the best medium for communication.

no sense beating the proverbial dead horse-----i hope you guys get my drift :rolleyes:

GREAT idea superman ! Then maybe it wont spill over into the "real discussions".

Dont get me wrong, i dont want to promote this kind of behavior, it's just kinda sad that it even has to exist, AND we all know that the internet is NOT the best medium for communication.

no sense beating the proverbial dead horse-----i hope you guys get my drift :rolleyes:

Hm... I vote we keep it mature.

Hm... I vote we keep it mature.

Don't go off the deep end.

Seriously though, I enjoy coming here to learn a little and enjoy myself. A little playing around is good, but I'd written VR off a couple of weeks ago after some brawling and juvenile comments. I started coming here when I was working on my helicopter add-on and it was a good source for information and to network with others at my experience level as well as a few CFIs and other professionals. A year later I'm finishing up my CPL and it's dissapointing to see so many junior-high type comments. I think it's driven off the few pilots that I used to converse with. <- - - yes, I know it should be "with whom I conversed"...

This thread may be a step in the right direction.

Guest rookie101
"Bash a member" or "Bar room brawl" ? :unsure:

"Bar Room Brawl" or "Bash-A-Member" :lol:. Clever, very clever Clark. If it came to that point we may just find each other in the virtual caveman world wearing tattered clothing throwing rocks at each other, being fascinated by fire and grunting. I am sure that everyone here realizes that the most recent events (check R22 forsale thread) turned from people looking for advice into looking to cut one another's throats. My advice to anyone who has 'problems' with another member on this site is to make it a private matter. If you really, really don't like someone in this forum, I DON'T CARE AND NO ONE ELSE PROBABLY CARES SO DON'T MAKE IT A PUBLIC MATTER!!!!! Take your attacks and petty whining and do it privatley and if you come to the conclusion that you really don't want to send this person a PM about how dumb, moronic, cenial, etc. a person they are, then it sure as hell isn't worth anyone else's time to see/read it publicly.

Edited by rookie101

Just when the Silverstate crap started to slow down...... now this

Fly Safe

Clark B)

plus this:

we all know that the internet is NOT the best medium for communication.

equals = ,,,,?,,,,?,,,,,,

lets all try to understand one another (and most of all be nice) in this hard to "see yer face" kind of world (the internet) B)

rookie & gerhardt, my hat is of to you 2 :) :)

It seems my little forum that started just a few years ago has grown into a whole new creature. I remember when it was just crash residue, lu zuckerman, myself, and a small handful of helicopter people asking very simple, polite questions. Now, like a rat experiment on population growth, the forum is creating its own character.

If we lead by example maybe the others will follow.

But as I always say, what do I know.

-Rey