Helicopter Training Demand Market Research Statistics

Hello to all, I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this or not, or if I will even receive any help here or not, but this is the closest I could see.... so here we go.

I am looking hard into purchasing a helicopter and using it to conduct flight instruction with. In order to do this, I am going to need to seek financing, and it appears to me, that the financing will be easier for me to obtain if I can get a business loan, where the potential income I can show the helicopter making can be used to repay the loan. So, basically in order to get it all done, I am going to need to write a solid business plan. I have no experience in this area whatsoever, so I am turning here for a little help if I can.

I see that one of the key elements to a business plan is to demonstrate with statistics that there is a demand for helicopter training, and I have heard several times that there is supposed to be a shortage of pilots for all the helicopter jobs that are coming. Where do I find statistics like this? Where can I find stats to support the need for another helicopter training school?

I appreciate any help you guys can give at all, I may be in over my head, but I sure hope I can get something together..

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks for the good lead, quite a friendly guy. He said he could help me out if I were to enroll in his program and successfully complete it!! He would do more for me, but he has been expending a lot of his resources and energy trying to track down some campaign consultants??? I don't know what that means, but super friendly guy. Great lead overall!

Thanks again,

Dave

P.S. I am kidding here ;)

Edited by DebosDave

It depends where you are located but try SCORE. I forgot what the acronym stood for, but these are retired business people that volunteer their time to help others into starting a business. They may be able to help.

Later

While I know of no hard figures for the demand of flight schools I know of a thread that you may find helpful.

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/helicopterfor...ic=3659&hl=

You may want to contact HH-60Pilot about that.

Dave,

Send me an email at doug@highsierrahelicopters.com with your contact information and I'll be happy to fill you in on all the things that I have learned (and some the hard way) since opening for business almost 18 months ago.

Doug

Hello to all, I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this or not, or if I will even receive any help here or not, but this is the closest I could see.... so here we go.

I am looking hard into purchasing a helicopter and using it to conduct flight instruction with. In order to do this, I am going to need to seek financing, and it appears to me, that the financing will be easier for me to obtain if I can get a business loan, where the potential income I can show the helicopter making can be used to repay the loan. So, basically in order to get it all done, I am going to need to write a solid business plan. I have no experience in this area whatsoever, so I am turning here for a little help if I can.

I see that one of the key elements to a business plan is to demonstrate with statistics that there is a demand for helicopter training, and I have heard several times that there is supposed to be a shortage of pilots for all the helicopter jobs that are coming. Where do I find statistics like this? Where can I find stats to support the need for another helicopter training school?

I appreciate any help you guys can give at all, I may be in over my head, but I sure hope I can get something together..

Thanks,

Dave

The business plan is a good tool to get your thinking organized but it will not do anything toward raising the capital you'd need to do what you are proposing. That's because a realistic business plan will show that you shouldn't start the business and if it is not realistic, a lender is not going to believe a plan with a lot of rosy assumptions. The reality is that you will probably not be able to get a business loan to finance your plan. Bankers just don't do that.

But here's a question, if you are able to actually bring in the paying customers necessay to make a business viable, why buy the helicopter? Why take on all the overhead? Work with someone who owns the aircraft (or rent it) and split the fee. If you can bring in customers they'll be happy to have you. And if you can't, you shouldn't be in business and, in that case, you don't want to be saddled with ownership of the aircraft.