David Clark X11 anyone?

hello, I'm about to start school full time and I'm looking into purchasing either the Bose Aviation X or the David Clark X11 headset. Yes, I have done extensive searching on this forum and others, there's plenty on information out there on the Bose Aviation X but hardly any information out there on the new D/C X11.

D/C X11 looks like a great option because of it's "failsafe" passive noise isolation if the batteries die, and it's lower price along with other advantages. The Aviation X looks like a terrific headset from what I understand. I just don't like the idea of the noise cancelling circuitry failing on me while in flight.

Thanks for the help!

When the batteries go it just reverts to a passive set. You can still hear the radio and intercom, you just have more outside noise. It's the same as forgetting to turn it on before doing the run-up, which I do almost every time (with the Bose). I don't have the X11, so I can't say anything about it but I do LOVE the Bose. Nothing against DC, really, as I still use my H10-30 ENC when flying fixed-wing.

I haven't heard many comments about the X11 so if anyone here has a pair I'd be curious to see what they have to say.

Edited by Gerhardt

I tried my bosses X11, and compared to the Bose the noise canceling stinks. I had a headache within 10 minutes because of how unbelievably loud it is compared to my Bose. It isn't a bad headset, and I would consider it if I hadn't worn a Bose for the last 2 1/2 years. But, since I am used to the peace, quiet, and clear radio, I won't consider anything else, except maybe a helmet if I had the $$$.