I have just recieved my CFI and was very disapointed in the flight school I went to. Bad scheduling, no helicopters avaliable, flight instructors that charged for every moment we talked,a contract that was imposible to fulfill unless you were avaliable to fly at the last moment, a job promise that they said was not available when I finished due to the economy.I could go on and on. To make a long story short I deceided to start my own school. I have a helicopter available to lease and a airport to fly from.... what do you think...how about some sugestions. I know what not to do thats for sure. I spoke to some of the students at the school I went to and they said if they can get out of their contract they will fly with me.

Hey,

Why would you have to open a school? I know of a few guys that fly Com 121 ops and instruct freelance fixed wing when they are not working. One guy flys 777's and the other guy was flying cargo. I would do like Nov said, draw up some written guides lines to give the students to CYA... with them and the FAA.

Later

I have just recieved my CFI and was very disapointed in the flight school I went to. Bad scheduling, no helicopters avaliable, flight instructors that charged for every moment we talked,a contract that was imposible to fulfill unless you were avaliable to fly at the last moment, a job promise that they said was not available when I finished due to the economy.I could go on and on. To make a long story short I deceided to start my own school. I have a helicopter available to lease and a airport to fly from.... what do you think...how about some sugestions. I know what not to do thats for sure. I spoke to some of the students at the school I went to and they said if they can get out of their contract they will fly with me.

What makes you think you can run a business better than they did? Keep your day job.