"Only school in class B air space"?

I just looked at a school at the SLC International airport and someone there claimed that they are the only school in the US in class B air space. This seems like a big claim to make, and I'm skeptical. The school is Upper Limit Aviation. Has anyone heard of this school before? Are they reputable?

Helicopter Services Inc in Houston is Class D under Class B..

As long as you get some tower time, I can't see any advantage to Class Bravo for heli training? Class Charlie and Delta are fine, I would think..

Later

It doesn't matter if a school is in Class B, C, D, E, or G. All that matters is that there is airspace nearby to practice in. There is very little difference between talking to controllers in B, C, or D airspace. They can all be grumpy, and can all act like you are just a pain in their rear. I would view a location inside class B as a detriment, since you would probably experience ATC delays quite often, which will cut into instruction time available. The experience is helpful, but you can get the same experience flying in from outside the airspace.

Franky,

Weiser is not Class Delta, you know this. For the sake of arguement and being fair, SSH's is Class D under Class B in Houston, too..And, yes I know David's house is in Class D airspace as well..

Later

Those guys come over to Bountiful Sky Park (uncontrolled Airspace) all the time only about 10 mins flight from where they are loacated. If it is busy at Salt Lake International they may have to wait 4-5 mins each way to get back in but not to bad. I would agree with the last poster that controlled air space is controlled air space. Its all the same in the end. At most bravos the advantage in flying in and out of them relates only to how the tower wants you to come and go and it is different at every bravo so when you go somewhere else you have to learn what they want anyway. There are other schools in the area that dont fly out of Bravo, High Desert (a 300 school), Utah Helicopters, Universal, Suncrest and of course Silver State (two locations). Take your pick!!

Hope this helps

FLy Safe

BEN

The guys from ULA are always over at our airport doing autos and such... they cant do much in the way of maneuvers at SL international. I beleive they are a good school, but some I have met complained about spending a third of their billed flight time just getting into an out of the international airport.

Why not train at a school within close proximity of dense airspace? You can go in when you want... but you aren't held up when you dont intend to be...

--- Shameless Plug

www.utahhelicopter.com