Pilots around Missoula

MTnfly

I am currently doing the preliminary footwork to achieve my pro pilots license. I wanted to speak with someone directly with a substantial amount of experience in preferrably more than one specific aspect. I have a strong interest in viewing all the angles of the training, finance, and profession froma face to face interaction. If you're around Missoula, or Montana for that matter, please respond. Thanks.

Welcome to the Site! Since it seems your starting out, I would highly suggest reading through some of the sticky's in the Training Forum and looking around the sight here. Once you have done that and you have narrowed some of your questions down, bring them back up tot he forum here. I don't think there has been a question asked that hasn't been answered between here and justhelicopters.com along with a few others.

Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

If we haven't talked yet, you can call me and we can visit. I can lead you to plenty of people around Missoula and Montana that would love to talk helicopters.

Marc D.

Here's a photo of me -- I'm hard at work at St Pats! Come on up and pull up a recliner!

post-1581-1198011417_thumb.jpg

Here's one at the office: Summer 2006 in the Bob Marshall Wilderness.

post-1581-1198011776_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marc D

Your best bet would be to pack your bags and move, I cant remember seeing anything big in Missoula...

Go to the west and you have SilverHawk in Caldwell, ID; some flat land some mtns

Go to the north and you have Red Eagle in Kalispell; They dont call it the Flathead VALLEY for nothing...

OOORRR you can go to the east to Northern Skies Aviation, (I think PhotoFlyer is a CFI there) where it is so windy that they put windsocks on the bridges to let you know if it is windy enough to blow your car off the road... :blink: its also really flat... not extremely... just really... :o

Marc D.

Do you have any names of any other companies around the Missoula area.

Thanks

Homestead Helicopters

Minuteman Aviation/Glacier Helicopter tours

Montana DNRC

Central Helicopters/Bozeman

Red Eagle/Kalispell

Hillcrest Aviation/Lewiston ID

Inland Helicopters/Spokane

Eagle Helicopters/Spokane

There's some other owner/operator one ship operations around also.

Marc D.

• 2 weeks later...
If we haven't talked yet, you can call me and we can visit. I can lead you to plenty of people around Missoula and Montana that would love to talk helicopters.

Marc D.

Here's a photo of me -- I'm hard at work at St Pats! Come on up and pull up a recliner!

post-1581-1198011417_thumb.jpg

Here's one at the office: Summer 2006 in the Bob Marshall Wilderness.

post-1581-1198011776_thumb.jpg

Mark D Thats a great picture of your office in the Bob Marshall. The only thing better then flying into the Bob is taking a pack trip.

I am currently doing the preliminary footwork to achieve my pro pilots license. I wanted to speak with someone directly with a substantial amount of experience in preferrably more than one specific aspect. I have a strong interest in viewing all the angles of the training, finance, and profession froma face to face interaction. If you're around Missoula, or Montana for that matter, please respond. Thanks.

Hey, i am from Missoula and i too was looking into getting a pro heli license. I ended up moving to oregon to go to school there. It has worked out very well, the school i go to is called Hillsboro Aviation. Its true the weather sucks sometimes, but i think it has been worth it, due to the fact that i can fly over all sorts of terrain, mountains included, and i can fly in both good weather and marginal weather, giving me the confidence to fly in weather that isnt perfect. I would suggest moving somewhere else. Missoula is an awsome place, and i would certainly like to come back here and fly sometime, but the schools are generally better other places, so i think.