Non-Pilot Helicopter Jobs

Fenix

Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'm looking to get a job, any job really, with a helicopter compnay. Where is the right place to look for a entry level job with a helicopter company. Mainly to just get familiar with the industry, before I take my Intro Flight. Also do any companies help pay for flight training? Thanks in advance.

Back when I was still working on my Private, I worked as a tower dispatcher for Papillon in the Grand Canyon. I got to spend a lot of time around helicopters and pilots, and it was a great learning experience. It was probably the most enjoyable aviation job without actually flying, not to mention the benefit of a break room full of pilots that love answering any questions you have about the industry.

You could try working for an ag sprayer. They are always looking for ground support. Mostly

driving the truck, loading the chemical and fueling. Tough job, but with just a commercial you

will get worked into the cockpit. The pilots make some SERIOUS money. As ground support,

you won't make much, though. It's about the only way I know around instructing.

• 2 months later...
You could try working for an ag sprayer. They are always looking for ground support. Mostly

driving the truck, loading the chemical and fueling. Tough job, but with just a commercial you

will get worked into the cockpit. The pilots make some SERIOUS money. As ground support,

you won't make much, though. It's about the only way I know around instructing.

I guess finding a job like this would require pounding the phones and going from airport to airport and asking? Just trying to maximize my chances. AG Sprayer, Ground Support, Tower Dispatcher, I would be willing to do any and all of these. Thanks for the replys.