Custom graphics

If a guy wants to put custom graphics on a helicopter, is it more common to go with paint or decals? Also does anyone know of any site that shows different paint of graphic schemes on an R44?

Edited by cherminator

I haven't seen any custom R-44 paint jobs anywhere. I am sure there are a few out there. The cheapest way to custom your helicopter would be with decals. Pretty easy to get on, just gotta watch for the air bubbles. The highest quality way would be to repaint the aircraft. Do a search online. I am sure you can find a 3D model to use to create the new paint scheme. Then you'll just have to find someone to paint it.

I have since found this great site with hundreds of pictures of R44's as well as all other aircraft:

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...ine_version=6.0

This one is my favorite so far:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Robinson-R-44/0429275/M/

Not!

Just a thought here: howabout a "wrap?"

I saw something on one of those channels where graphics are printed on a vinyl sheet and then put onto a car. I've seen several cars with wraps advertising business, and they look OK. I don't know of any websites but I'm sure they're out there. A local company offers them. I may stop in one day.

Something to look into?

Later

I freak at the prospect of vinyl peeling away in flight and ending up in the tail rotor.

Perhaps some decals on the side that aren't to awful big ? :).

Just a thought here: howabout a "wrap?"

I saw something on one of those channels where graphics are printed on a vinyl sheet and then put onto a car. I've seen several cars with wraps advertising business, and they look OK. I don't know of any websites but I'm sure they're out there. A local company offers them. I may stop in one day.

Something to look into?

Later