Major Hollywood Production

Witch

Well, maybe not.

Anyhow, I was goofing around with a video I took during a cross country to Salem. I added some music from Starship Troopers and put it on Youtube. If you might like to watch it

I hope it isn't too boring.

Later

Edited by Witch

not bad at all, I liked the end credits - not very often you find end credits that are actually worth watching. Pity theres only six minutes, would've been nice to see the landing too.

Well, maybe not.

Anyhow, I was goofing around with a video I took during a cross country to Salem. I added some music from Starship Troopers and put it on Youtube. If you might like to watch it

I hope it isn't too boring.

Later

Hey Witch,

Nice vid, love the credits. Here's a project we are working on.. The camera is from GoPro and called a Hero... just got it day before yesterday and only have one flight on it so far. Will have to learn how to use it better as i shot the whole flight upside down. You can set it to record in either position in case you use it inverted. I was very pleased at what all comes with the camera for $160. The mounting system you see has a suction cup that works perfectly and will stick on any smooth surface, i'll send a couple of photos to show mounting ideas. I put my glasses in a photo to show the size of the camera, it's much smaller than i expected. it will record up to 56 mins of digital video and so far it looks pretty good... as soon as i get a good one and figure out how to post it i will. The jack plug you see sticking out the back is my addition, it was very easy to make the mod, there are two screws that hold the camera together, i snipped the original mic and soldered this plug on. The case is water proof for under water vids but i had to compromise that a little for the jack.. i'm hoping not to need that feature while flying. :-) (the case is included as well). The mic jack plugs into a small mic from radio shack that i built into my headset to record audio.. took me about two hours and cost about $100 (will write a build topic on that if anyone is interested as i will build a couple more in the near future). I use a small digital recorder to tape our flights and it works extremely well, i can record up to five hours on that recorder but it will only put 1 hr 20 mins on a disc. I like to record my training flights and listen to them after... I have learned a lot about me that i might not have gotten with-out the recorder. The camera audio came out pretty good too, it is nice to have both audio and video on the same recording.

aloha,

dp

forgot to add, the tape is holding on a wide angle lens that didn't exactly fit, we cut the bottom out of a cooler (bottle hugger) for a washer and used gaffers tape... worked pretty good but looking forward to seeing the vids with and w/o the lens.

Edited by RkyMtnHI

Thanks for making me a little homesick :D I lived in corvallis for about 10 years and flew the OSU Cessna's for about 5 of them (you can see them parked next to the big hanger when you make the pedal turn)....

Thanx all.

I was goofing around with a pattern at Salem, but ran into a little trouble at the end. For some reason it wants to stall at the end, so it won't save as a movie that can be uploaded. I'll fart around with it later.

Hey Rocky, that camera setup looks great, especially the housing. The mount looks like something from Ram-mount, is it?

Later

Edited by Witch

Hey Rocky, that camera setup looks great, especially the housing.

The mount looks like something from Ram-mount, is it?

sorry for the delay Witch, don't know about the mount.. it came with the camera and only has a patent number on it. works perfect tho, i stuck it all over the helos, even on the outside of the wind screen... can't pull it off with all your might. (jftr, wouldn't leave it on the outside, but it looks pretty cool!!).

dp