#1 klmmarine

klmmarine

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Company working for:Looking....

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:21

Since Wysong did an HD conversion on our 206B3 we have been getting interference on our two comm radios. It tends to happen on the lower freqs, (118.6, 119.35 etc) but occasionally happens higher up the band. It is intermittent on one of the radios but constant on the com/nav radio. It sounds like there is a really loud open mic somewhere, or the squelch needs to be adjusted (no squelch control of course).

I have asked another pilot, with a Wysong install, how they corrected the problem and he told me that the power converters were substandard on their ship, well Wysong had already upgraded ours and we still have the problem.

Really need to get this figured out because sometimes I have to turn the radios down till I can't hear anything (the tower isn't going to like that excuse). Any ideas or experience with this problem?
Keith

"I sure wish common sense was a little more common."

#2 HelipilotNBC6

HelipilotNBC6

• VR Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:10

Call Wysong......

#3 klmmarine

klmmarine

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Company working for:Looking....

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:14

Thanks for the suggestion.

We have had someone out from Wysong a few times, the first time they re-routed some cables, the second time they switched the power converters, the third time we put in a new radio. Everytime they work on it the problem goes away for a little while, but then seems to come back as bad as ever.
Keith

"I sure wish common sense was a little more common."

#4 B-Hill

B-Hill

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Company working for:EMS

Posted 27 January 2009 - 15:07

KGS power converter's fixed my radio problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

HeliHelmets-VR HomeBE_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Spectrum_VRHome200AMTC 2018PrecisionVRForumHome200Genesys VR Forum 200NFCVRForum200Home