Helicopter AcademyUpperLimit2011General_468x60VOLO_VRGeneral468TigerTugsVRForumGen468
Photo
- - - - -

Prospective Employer COLD CALLS, how do you go about it?

employment

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 avbug

avbug

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:33

The problem wasn't the number of tires, but that flats occurred on the same truck, resulting in an inability to get a jack under the truck and a lack of a jack that could at that Afghan location.  Is it really so that some of you lead such limited lives that you find a day in the life of, to be remarkable?  Good god.

And yes, it was a 747-200.

Edited by avbug, 06 August 2017 - 12:34.

#22 Guest_pokey_*

Guest_pokey_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2017 - 18:45

did he get the last word in again? or did mom yank him by the ears & toss him in the tub again?

#23 mudkow60

mudkow60

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:34

Are you all-military, no real world experience? If so, then yes, it may. Once out, the world does not owe you a living. You make your own.

#24 mudkow60

mudkow60

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:36

No...not at all. Thank you.

Congrats on your plethora of job interviews. You must be swell outside the intra-webs as well.

#25 Guest_pokey_*

Guest_pokey_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:52

You must be swell outside the intra-webs as well.

i'd be willing to bet he is just as big of a dickhead in real life & gets his ass kicked often.

To show ya what a big man he is?  Slanders ppls on the internet, and hides behind being anonymous.

And as far as the flat tires? i think i "made up" the flat tires on the 747 for that "spoof annual" that he had done on his 747. NOW? we come to find that was real?... No, the story i remember of his job was broken down car and walked to local airport & got hired on the spot.

,,,, and there i was, behind enemy lines, 4 flats on one "truck" (thats what we real 747 pilots call one landing gear),, i ate 3 cans of spinach, 2 bowls of wheaties, and lifted it by the wing while i waited for the mechanics to show up,, after an hour ? i got tired (hee hee heee, pun?) and whipped out my corncob pipe (who's threat just happened to match those of the shreder valve),, i huffed & puffed and blew all 4 tires up !  yes, then i hopped in the cockpit, rescued the fair maiden and we flew off to honkey doorey for pina coladas.-----------OK mom !!  be there in a second,, i'm busy!

Edited by pokey, 07 August 2017 - 10:10.

• helonorth likes this

#26 Wally

Wally

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Reading's high on the list.
  • Company working for:none

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:22

Congrats on your plethora of job interviews. You must be swell outside the intra-webs as well.

Jokes on you!  The term is "inter-web" and no plural "s".

Just a pilot (retired, so I have a LOT of time)...

#27 mudkow60

mudkow60

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:46

Jokes on you!  The term is "inter-web" and no plural "s".

I hope you are joking.  If not... well... you know...or you don't.

#28 avbug

avbug

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 18:53

I said nothing aboutthe number of job interview's I've sought, or had, nor did I state regarding the number of jobs. Congratulations on what, then?

Fact is, the topic is cold calling, not me. The usual crowd repeatedly finds it nearly impossible to contribute in any meaningful way to the topic, perhaps due to lack or intellect or possibly just lack of experience, but cannot resist the small-minded effort to discuss me. Little wonder. Those of low intellect tend to resort to discussions of people, while those of slightly higher acumen point toward things and places. Neither seems up to the task of discussing ideas. We see this here, quite clearly.

#29 mudkow60

mudkow60

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 20:39

Don't insult me in a prior post and then try to take a crap on everyone else... me thinks you have a hard time outside the confines of the webs.

• METT-TC likes this

#30 METT-TC

METT-TC

ATP Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Retired Army...jeeps, running, peakbagging (hiking), and a bit of flying

Posted 08 August 2017 - 21:23

mud-he is caustic. Save your breath / typing.

#31 avbug

avbug

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:19

Don't insult me in a prior post and then try to take a crap on everyone else... me thinks you have a hard time outside the confines of the webs.

Don't sell yourself short, a**hole. You're included with the others. You're just too stupid to know it.

Edited by avbug, 09 August 2017 - 01:21.

#32 mudkow60

mudkow60

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:53

Don't sell yourself short, a**hole. You're included with the others. You're just too stupid to know it.

Awww... little guy is angry.  

Your posts sound like someone attempting to release his teenage angst and rage.

#33 avbug

avbug

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 20:44

My posts are someone who knows how to see results cold calling, which is the topic.  Something on which you clearly have nothing to offer.

Again, small intellect, can't get past talking people.  No experience, nothing to offer.  Your position is clear.

#34 Eric Hunt

Eric Hunt

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 20:45

Come on girls, play the ball, not the man

• Wally likes this

#35 helonorth

helonorth

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:28

Then the peanut gallery chimes in...

#36 Eric Hunt

Eric Hunt

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 20:41

What, you would prefer to see the three of them slag each other off, instead of following the thread? Go to JB then.

#37 Guest_pokey_*

Guest_pokey_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2017 - 14:53

What, you would prefer to see the three of them slag each other off, instead of following the thread? Go to JB then.

3? maybe you need a lesson in basic arithmetic?

#38 Guest_pokey_*

Guest_pokey_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2017 - 15:01

The game is all about the opponent, the ball is just used to make it fun and so we can call it a game. What games do you play the ball?---except for pinball, then we know its all in the way you hold yer tongue and sway yer hips.

#39 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy recreational pilot! :)

Posted 11 August 2017 - 17:42

...What games do you play the ball?

Golf

,...oh no wait, that's "be the ball".
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fourteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#40 Eric Hunt

Eric Hunt

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 17:59

3? maybe you need a lesson in basic arithmetic?

1. Avbug

2. Pokey

3. Mudcow

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: employment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

HeliHelmetsColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200Helmet FX General 200Able_VRGeneral200DevoreGeneral200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200Genesys VRForum200_GeneralMidwestHeliAcademy2016PrecisionVRForumGeneral200NFCVRGeneral200