Prior Service direct to WOCS

Ive been out of the National Guard for 2 years now. Therefore, Im going straight to Rucker in a week. Ive asked around and talked to several people in the recruiting station, including some officers, and I cant get a straight answer. Im not a fan of going in blind..so to the point..I have no TA-50, old uniforms, expired ID, and just about not one thing military related, etc. I have about two weeks from the day I arrive till day 1 of WOCS. Any idea of the process to get me straightened out? Is it common to arrive empty handed? Or will I be expected to get there and figure it out myself?

It happens all the time. We had a guy from the marines literally show up the first week with nothing. They have a plan. It's an Army plan.....but there is one. That first couple weeks you'll get everything issued and sorted before WOCS begins if your one of the few that comes in like that. The number one thing I've seen disrupt the process is people who's security clearance was not finalized. They just got put on hold until it was sorted. No big deal at all. TA-50 won't get issued until your in WOCS. Bring some of your old uniforms, they will work for WOCS, the second you report you'll be given temporary snowbird or wocs rank so don't buy it. But since your kinda being inserted into the process i'm not sure if you will be issued them or have to buy them. There is plenty of time to acquire anything you'll need in those first couple weeks and no need to run around trying to be super prepared before hand. Honestly its one of those processes that you wont know until you do it, so unless the people you've asked have gone through its not gonna do you any good and those that have gone through it rarely report back because it ended up being such a non-issue.

Make sure that you get in contact with the XO (should be CW3 Cokenour) at HHC as soon as you report, or earlier if possible. They can get you set up with the initial issue paperwork which you'll take over to clothing and sales, allowing you to get everything you need in sizes that fit. It won't be quite as complete as what is issued at BCT, but it'll be pretty close. You'll get TA-50 needed for WOCS while you in-process with your class, which will then be turned back into CIF at the end of class. It is a pretty easy process once you have the paperwork in hand for the initial issue, I helped several people in the same situation get set up while I was at HHC. You shouldn't have any problems.