ErOk_OnE

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:LOWER EAST ALABAMA>>>ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH
  • Company working for:Army Aviation

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:13

I'm not sure yet Chad. I'm on the fence between Hawks and Apaches, leaning towards attack though.

I came in from the Air Guard. I did 11 years there and during the whole process I was considered a civilian. My guard experience probably had something to do with getting selected though I'm sure. I started in Jan 07 and was picked up in the August board, left for the Warrior Transition Course (Seems I'm the only one that's had to do that...de de de) on October 9th.

My warrant school was a 6 week course, designed for people that do not have BNOC or ANOC, they didn't consider my Airforce Airmans Leadership course adequate to qualify for the 4 week course. I'll bet that out of the 69 of us that were going to be Aviators at least 20 were street to seat. Few 18 year old guys that had zero military or flight experience. They were fairly sharp guys though.

I dont have to do the Warrior Transition Course. I'm coming in from the A.F. Reserve side of the house.
See you in the Skies.
AVIATOR Q

SCOUTS OUT

#22 Mymm

Mymm

ATP Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:11

I dont have to do the Warrior Transition Course. I'm coming in from the A.F. Reserve side of the house.

From talking to other cross service guys I'm the only one that had to do WTC, my recruiter owes me lunch.

#23 FLHooker

FLHooker

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Company working for:NY National Guard

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:29

It was my understanding that only Marines didn't have to do the WTC?
Full right pedal, stare at the OAT gauge until impact...

#24 Mymm

Mymm

ATP Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:34

It was my understanding that only Marines didn't have to do the WTC?

I know marines dont for sure. If your coming into the Army as a regular enlisted guy it's required but it seems that everyone coming in as an officer, warrant or otherwise does not need to go through it. There is probably some regulation somewhere that states it and my recruiter didn't bother to find it and I didn't know about it.

#25 FLHooker

FLHooker

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Company working for:NY National Guard

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:48

Cool, one of my buddies who transitioned from the AF had to go, he was pissed off by the time he got back... He said it was the most pointless course. Oh well.
Full right pedal, stare at the OAT gauge until impact...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BLR 200Guidance Home 200Spectrum_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200LakeSuperior200Genesys VR Forum 200HeliHelmets-VR HomeFreeFlight_Home200