Robbie Course August 25th - 28th

helo08

I know some of you live in the area and I was wondering if maybe we could plan something to meet up? Also is there anyone else going to the same class? Any suggestions from those who have already attended?

PM or respond on thread plese

Geesh, if only I owned a helicopter and could fly down..wow that would be cool.

Damn, just remembered...I do own one and its a whopping 20 minute flight ! (only cause I have to warm up the engine first)

Only suggestion is dont eat the donuts every day, or you will soon exceed the 240 pound limits. Second if you pack really light, and your bag can fit under the seat of a 44, you can catch a free ride to LAX....which doesnt help you much if you're flying out of Long Beach, but it works really well for those flying out of LA.

OK, enough sarcasim.....love to fly down and meet VR members at TOA. It's a great lil airport and always a lot of fun.

Sign up to get checked out in the ship that you fly. If you fly the 22 mostly, then don't sign up for the 44 check out....they are totally different ships and you want to learn some more advanced manuevers in the ship that you fly every day.

Jessica has become the official unofficial coordinator of these events. I missed the last one (sorry) but I'm always up for a helicopter flight.

See you in LA.

Goldy

Ya I'm doing the 44 class I don't have enough hours in the 22 and I'll mostly be flying the 44 anyway. Let's go flying I'll buy gas because that's about all I can afford. Love too meet as many people as possible.

Sweet, I've been upgraded to coordinator. The last one of these we did (With Tattooed) was pretty crazy. Almost 20 pilots! You missed the fun Goldy, haha.

I'll see if I can't put something together or something, but work has me working really late lately! I can always give you and patrick a ride to wherever when you're flying in though Goldy. Don't mind, but I may have to stuff you in the back of my VW bug!

Let me see what I'll be able to do. Feel free to PM me or call me if anything, for advice or ideas on places to eat, or things to do in the area (I have lived in torrance my entire life. Which is 24 years, heh)

Fly safe!

Jessica

I'll be down at the course in either late jan or feb most likely. Robbie packet got sent to the wrong address, but it should be here in the next few days.

I'm in town now so if anybody has ideas I'm all ears. I'm at the Ramada

When I was there I walked down to the shopping center to the whole foods market. there is also a gym and a movie theatre down that way.

Other than that i just stayed in my room and studied my instrument stuff. Sorry, I guess I'm boring. :mellow:

I'm in town now so if anybody has ideas I'm all ears. I'm at the Ramada

I just got in from a flight over Santa Monica and Malibu in the 44. It was 106 at the pad in VNY, and 69 in Pacific Palisades...great flying weather over the coast, but TOA looked pretty socked in from the air.

Weather is supposed to be changing to off shore flows, which makes for great night flights for later in the week.

What to do? About a 15 minute car ride to the Long Beach Marine Aquarium, same to the Queen Mary. If you had a spare day you could take a 45 minute ride over to Catalina Island....also 15 minutes away to the boats.

10 minutes down to Cabrillo Marina....great lil markets and seafood places, another aquarium there too. Shoreline Village Marina in Long Beach ( next to the LB Aquarium) lots of food/shopping walk around stuff.

Bus over over to any of the piers...Redondo, Manhattan, Santa Monica, etc....

Maybe see you guys later in the week,

Goldy