On the Ramp at Rotors * BIRD CRAPS ON RAMP!!

Hi all, thought this topic and photo would be funny for the JH gang!! :-)

Just for the record, the 333 did not go down. There was a power issue a couple of weeks ago and it spent the night at Ft. Collins waiting an inspection by the mechs. There was a loose hose on the throttle control box (i think) that was the problem... Executive fixed it on the spot and it's going strong.

aloha,

dp

I don't get it.

Later

sorry Witch,

someone on JH posted that the 333 went down, another poster said to check VR, that "some guy there posts photos everytime a bird sh*ts on the ramp at Rotors"... just thought it would be funny. :-)

dp

sorry Witch,

someone on JH posted that the 333 went down, another poster said to check VR, that "some guy there posts photos everytime a bird sh*ts on the ramp at Rotors"... just thought it would be funny. :-)

dp

It is kinda funny. you do post alot of pictures though... (which is cool, nice to look at) so it makes both sides funny :D Maybe you should just have your own little picture topic instead of new ones all the time.

You should tell Mike to hire you as a PR guy. You give RoR more exposure than anyone in the last 10 years! Tell Mike to pay for his own RoR thread on this forum and post away!

And as far as your articles, they are very well written with tons of pics. When I see a post, I usually have to save it for when I have time to read it.

It's great to see people excited about helicopters like you and so many others.

You should tell Mike to hire you as a PR guy. You give RoR more exposure than anyone in the last 10 years! Tell Mike to pay for his own RoR thread on this forum and post away!

And as far as your articles, they are very well written with tons of pics. When I see a post, I usually have to save it for when I have time to read it.

It's great to see people excited about helicopters like you and so many others.

"Maybe you should just have your own little picture topic instead of new ones all the time."

Thanks for the kind words guys, i really do love this stuff as you can tell. Lynnette is putting together an add for Rotors this week, on both VR and JH!! I agree, it's a no brainer for companies to advertise on these web sites... small price to pay for the exposure.

If there is a better way for me to post please let me know, should i just keep one topic all the time and add to it instead of starting new ones?

We did a 5 hour cross country to Nebraska tonite in one of the 44's.. what a nice flight, i really love flying those ships..

aloha,

dp

Sorry for the hijack.....

I was looking at your photbucket link... how long ago did you take those pictures of the Starship?? I have a few hundred hours in Starships from the late 90's and **think** I have flown that particular airplane.

Two months ago in Tulsa, by the flight school, stopped in at the Jet center for fuel.. What an amazing looking ship!! wish i would have taken better photos of it. How did it fly? seems that there are only four left..

dp

Two months ago in Tulsa, by the flight school, stopped in at the Jet center for fuel.. What an amazing looking ship!! wish i would have taken better photos of it. How did it fly? seems that there are only four left..

dp

Actually, I thought there was only 1 still flying -- there are obviously more as N45FL is not the one that I know is still flying. It flew great -- that is to say it was fun to fly! Crosswinds were kind of a b!$ch with those 13 foot tipsails sitting so far back. It was an amazing ride in turbulence... it was common to look out the window and see the wingtips flexing several FEET up and down - that was the major contributor to the smooth ride. Pretty fast for a turboprop, we routinely saw 340 KTAS. It did require ALOT of space on the ramp and in the hangar which occasionally lead to some problems. It had a nice cabin. The avionics were state of the art leading edge when it was introduced but archaic by today's standards. The canard wing swings forward when the flaps are selected down which is kinda' cool looking. It had some aerodynamic traits that could quickly make things **interesting** during an engine failure. The runway performance wasn't stellar... there are alot of reasons why but the main one is the fact that it was the first composite airplane certified by the FAA so they really made them overbuild it which resulted in a huge weight increase. It flew like a jet and was almost as fast a jet but unfortunatley it cost as much (if not slightly more than) a jet and needed jet size runways.

If you look at the Starship project from a strictly sales standpoint, it was a HUGE failure... the Starship was intended to be Beech's competitor to the light jets of the time and as a replacement/follow-on to the King Air 200 but it the project was started before Beechcraft acquired the Beechjet from Mitsubishi and before they started the King Air 300 - initial development of the Starship began in 1979!!! Raytheon lost it ass on the Starship BUT they did gain a tremendous amount of research and development knowledge in the field of composites and what they learned with the Starship is the basis of everything they did/are doing with the Premier and all of their other composite work.

It was my favorite airplane that I've ever flown - I wish that I could fly it again!