Class E airspace * how many are there??

This question came up in an instrument ground class last night; "how many class E air spaces are there??" I am looking forward to your answers!

Also, i will be leaving for Cali this weekend for the Robbie course, look forward to meeting all of you that will be there. If they will let me i'll do a write up about it with some photos!!

The long line course was put off, hopefully i can get to that when i get back too.

Aloha,

dp

I don't know about the Echo stuff. Maybe you mean different types? Offhand, without really thinking about it, I'd say 3. Echo, Echo to 700, Echo to the surface.

See you at the robbie course next week!

Nope. Only one type of Class E airspace. However, where it exists can change (i.e. surface, at 700, at 1200, at 14,500, etc.)

...... and class E greater than 700 ft designated areas as well. Yunno on the charts where it is big blue lines like this _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Other than what you list and that, I'm thinking that covers it????

Man, I remember this one time I was in echo above FL600 in a R22.........:P

Was that you ? I flew over you that day at FL620 in my 22....I was really pushing limits though, could only climb at 300FPM. Cell phone works great up there though!!

Goldy

Was that you ? I flew over you that day at FL620 in my 22....I was really pushing limits though, could only climb at 300FPM. Cell phone works great up there though!!

Goldy

300fpm? Dang, I can't get over 100fpm at the surface. What's up with that?

Maybe if I had a cell phone that'd help?

See y'all at Robinson too. I'm the goofy looking guy in the green jacket with the patches.

Later

I prefer to look at it a little differently. Class E is pretty much contiguous across the US and offshore, all one big area, with places here and there where it goes lower or ends higher. Sometimes it goes down to 700' AGL, sometimes to the surface, sometimes just to the top of other airspace, but it's all over, not broken up into areas.

Edited by Gomer Pylot

I doubt that the class E above FL600 and the other (generally below 17999) meet anywhere in the US anyway. Unless I'm mistaken, Class A gets in the way from FL180 to FL600. That's not to say that they won't meet up somewhere else in the world depending on how other countries stack their airspaces. I'm also pretty sure that in most of JAA-land they won't meet up either.

sooooo, could we say that there are two class E? the one that is connected to all the others and the one above fl600?

serious question, don't flame me!

dp

I would say no. There is only one Class E. You could say though there are multiple segments or portions of Class E.