How long to wait

I am a CFII with no current employment in the helicopter industry... I have been on the job hunt

For just over 9 months with no luck. (A couple of give us a call back later, which is a lot better than just a no) My question is I have a couple of job opportunities that would be career changing... I want to hold out as long as possible in taking a "career" job in a different field, but how long is to long to wait.. I know one knows when we will be out of these tough times but any suggestions will be much appreciated thanks!!

I suppose it boils down to how much money you have spare. If you re financially OK then you have time to wait. If you are struggling then it may be time to look at something to bring the money in till the economy improves.

I had basically quit my career that I'm in now, since it was so hard to get into years ago when I started. Then as I was making the change, something came through. It was odd timing but so glad it did come through as it's been great since. Maybe there's still hope. Good luck.

Strange as it may seem. It is easier to get a new job when you already have a job. Take this job offer but keep your eyes open for a helicopter job. You might consider doing a little part time flying on the side if any is available to stay current.

Definitely take the job, you can always leave later if a heli spot comes open. My dad always says, sometimes ANY decision is better than no decision. Action begets action, it's all about momentum!!

Good luck, hope to see you flying again soon!

HG03