K-Max on Vail Mountain

Snowman

Vail Mountain will be using a K-max to remove the old chair 5 lift towers on Thursday, April 29th starting at 7am. It’s a long hike, but if you are in the area and want to watch it is public land. I will post photos of the work after it’s done. Also for those that know the area the panty tree was cut down on Friday!

AWWWW BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why didn't you stop it.. you have more pull on that mountain than any one man. he who controls snow, controls the mountain!

I have a little more info if anyone wants to watch, like refueling area and where they are taking the lift parts; both are much closer. I think the mountain videographer is going to film parts and try to put a helmet cam on the pilot (I will try to get some info on it). As for the tree, it lost its place in my heart when someone threw a p@n@s pump in to it. Maybe someone we all know? He-He.

AWWWW BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why didn't you stop it.. you have more pull on that mountain than any one man. he who controls snow, controls the mountain!

Clay, If I give you my bosses phone number can you reminded him! Sorry you can't make it to Denver for the "thing" at Colorado Heli Ops, was hoping to buy you a beer. Next winter you can come up to Vail on vacation and buy me a beer (in exchange for a room).

Edited by Snowman