How long?

"We're the FAA; we're here to help. We've 'upped' our standards so..." No one should be using any expletives or kicking any ass; if we were all perfect we wouldn't need each other. Btw, its the CFR.

Edited by azbirdman

Life is what happens while you're making other plans! It takes what it takes V.

But have a plan, and a goal, and a plan B. If you have a poor CFI, get another.

If you want it, you'll get it, unless you quit. What makes an aircraft fly? Money.

To birdman: R.T.F.P. Read the @%#$&* post. ;)

To vindicated: Your temp cert is good for 120 days, information which is easily found in the FAR's. 6-8 weeks is not unusual when waiting for your plastic cert from the FAA.

It's not unusual for the FAA to take so long. Call your FAA examiner or DPE and explain that you haven't received it yet. Not all examiners send in the paperwork right after a check ride. Find out when it was sent to the FAA and request and have him/her check for you. The local FSDO can also check for you and request an extension on your temporary if needed.

Like Tenacious said, your temporary is good for 120 days. As a pilot you should know that as it's a question often asked on practical exams.

Relax and wait for it to come. If you get to 110 days, then make some calls, but don't bug people yet.

Hey John, it also depends if Joe used IACRA or just the bog standard 8710. IACRA's quicker. Chill dude, you've got another 2.5 months before you need to start worrying. Ooh, and I was talking to Chris yesterday at W30th st. Next time I see him, I'm gonna kick his ass for not teaching you that temp certs are good for 120 days!!

When you coming for a ride in the Astar?

We used IACRA.

The only reason I asked is because my FAA examiner said if I didn't get it after 4 weeks to give him a call.

I didn't really want to bug him after only 4 weeks because I heard it usually takes longer anyway.

Edited by Vindicated0721

I recall getting mine fairly quickly (relatively speaking) when I got my Private. I think it was around 30-45 days. edited to add: I used IACRA

Edited by ADRidge

You can also check easily on the FAA site. Mouse over License & Certs tab, click Airmen Certification, and <BAM>, it's right there.

We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately May 21, 2010.

Kevin M

Edited by DanceswithCyclic

You can also check easily on the FAA site. Mouse over License & Certs tab, click Airmen Certification, and <BAM>, it's right there.

We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately May 21, 2010.

Kevin M

I was hoping that was not very accurate. It has said that for the last 3 days...