Prep for CFI Written

kstump77

Hey guys, Quick question..

I am a private pilot (helicopter) working on Commercial and CFI.. I've passed my Commercial Written and my FOI, now working on my CFI written. Planning to do my Commercial and CFI check rides back to back in March.

My question is regarding the CFI written, I am currently studying from ASA's CFI Test Prep. I am wondering if the questions for the test will be solely from this book similar to the previous FAA test I've taken, or will it incorporate questions from private and commercial test prep books also?

I noticed a lot of the sites that allow practice test block CFI written, so its hard to know for sure. Hopefully someone that has taken the test will be able to help.

Thanks,

Karl

I've decided to , possibly, give the Cfi another shot, so I'm currently using the ASA Prepware, (my last tests expired about a year ago). I don't really know how the books look, but as for the software, there's definitly some "re-runs", from at least the Com. :)

I took my CFI written test 2 years ago and all I did was study the CFI test prep book. Had no issues. A buddy of mine just recently took his CFI written and all he did was the CFI test prep too. I think you would be wasting your time if you try to review the private and commercial test preps.

I took my CFI written test 2 years ago and all I did was study the CFI test prep book. Had no issues. A buddy of mine just recently took his CFI written and all he did was the CFI test prep too. I think you would be wasting your time if you try to review the private and commercial test preps.

Thanks, That's definitely what I wanted to hear..

Ditto on the advice. Do the CFI test prep practice exams until you've seen all the questions and scoring in the 90's. The real one will be a breeze.

Im late to this party, but.......

I used the Dauntless Software "Ground School" software and found it to be great for me. Everyone is different. I am using it right now getting ready to take my ATP written. I tested 98-100 on all my previous tests, so I can say it works well. Good luck!