how to network?

Fred0311

I'm only at the point of researching schools and how to be succesful in the industry and its clear networking is key. My question is how exactly does one network? Aside from heli expo and heli success anyway. And when is a good time to start? Wait till I'm instructing or start now? I've read all the discouraging posts but I have a leg up with my GI bill and im determined to be succesful. Thank you in advance for any help.

Face to face at your airport. When you go in for a lesson spend some extra time before/after hanging out in the FBO or walking around the hangars asking questions and joining conversations. The majority of pilots are very social creatures.

Edited by SBuzzkill
  • Like 2

Good afternoon everyone

I am in the process of purchasing a 1987 Enstrom 280FX and also am still training for my helicopter add on. Just found this site so hopefully it has a lot of great info on the Enstrom. Can't wait to get my helicopter rating....been flying fixed winged aircraft for 48 years!

You don't necessarily need to work at an airport to network. When you start looking at schools, etc you will start to meet people. Busier flight schools equals more people. When I went to Bristow, there were about 250 students and over 50 instructors from all over the world. Over 2 years at the place, you can imagine all the piltos that came and went. I now know lots of people in every part of the industry, all over the world, due to the sheer volume of people I met there.

Taking an interest in and start chats with pilots at the airport is a great way to do it. The longer you are around, the more guys and gals you will get to know.

• Like 2