Initial training with expired CFI

Gordil

In my school a chief instructor keep instructing some student on the student's own helicopter with his expired CFI.

Student does not have any helicopter rating.

I'm working in this school and don't want to make an issue.

What will be your suggestions?

Please advice.

Anybody can go out and teach a person how to fly, CFI or not. I don't think offhand that them flying together breaks any rules.

If that person being taught wants to get a certificate, that's a whole different matter. Maybe the owner of the aircraft wants to get a feel for things before they start logging training, who knows.

There is all kinds of things you could do, it all depends on how much you are concerned, how much you like working there, etc...

You could:

Stay out of it

Ask the chief pilot what he is doing

Ask the owner of the helicopter what they are doing, and if he knows the CP has no valid certificate

Ask the owner of your company what's going on

Ask the FSDO to find out what's going on

Etc, etc

Your call :-)

• Like 1

why would you want to become ace detective? like pohi said.. depending on interpretation just them flying in the owners machine isn't breaking any regs... are you going to go ask either of the guys to see their logs and see if they've been signing it off? Would you want someone turning you into the fsdo based on their opinion of what's going on? Stay away!

why would you want to become ace detective? like pohi said.. depending on interpretation just them flying in the owners machine isn't breaking any regs... are you going to go ask either of the guys to see their logs and see if they've been signing it off? Would you want someone turning you into the fsdo based on their opinion of what's going on? Stay away!

I'm not try to be detective dear apinguy and it is not my guessing what's going on. If some instructor does some ground school, flying couple hours a day with a student who just bought his helicopter and the student want get his check ride and use the helicopter to fly from his house to work as soon as he can? What is it? Just flying together or instruction?

I was thinking in US there are some rules that respected but I can see that you screw it like some where in Africa just because you have "focus on your business, not someone else "

It was fair enough.

Thanks you.

Whenever you evaluate a potential problem always consider if you are part of the problem, part of the solution, or if you are the problem. So far, based on what I have seen the OP say, and the replies, I would advise the OP

Gordil

To strongly consider the possibility that if there is a problem at all, he is it.

I'm not try to be detective dear apinguy and it is not my guessing what's going on. If some instructor does some ground school, flying couple hours a day with a student who just bought his helicopter and the student want get his check ride and use the helicopter to fly from his house to work as soon as he can? What is it? Just flying together or instruction?

I was thinking in US there are some rules that respected but I can see that you screw it like some where in Africa just because you have "focus on your business, not someone else "

It was fair enough.

Thanks you.

Well if you know all the facts, then do whatever you feel is necessary.

If the instructor certificate is expired, then those hours don't count for a certificate. I don't know offhand, but does anybody know if IACRA will let a person with an expired CFI endorse a checkride?