Las Vegas Flight School

In October of 2012, I trained 18 of the Elite Flight Training & Management CFIs to be qualified as FITS SBT Facilitators. I believe it was 11 fixed wing and 7 rotary wing instructors. They train in R22 & R44 and just brought a new R44 on line.

They offer a modern FITS SBT Rotorcraft Helicopter Curriculum that develops ab initio Higher Order thinking Skills in pilots in training besides meeting the minimal PTS skill sets. They are dedicated to producing pilots to survive a career with good SRM & ADM skills.

They are the best flight school in Las Vegas.

Mike

www.modernflighttraining.com

• Like 1

In October of 2012, I trained 18 of the Elite Flight Training & Management CFIs to be qualified as FITS SBT Facilitators. I believe it was 11 fixed wing and 7 rotary wing instructors. They train in R22 & R44 and just brought a new R44 on line.

They offer a modern FITS SBT Rotorcraft Helicopter Curriculum that develops ab initio Higher Order thinking Skills in pilots in training besides meeting the minimal PTS skill sets. They are dedicated to producing pilots to survive a career with good SRM & ADM skills.

They are the best flight school in Las Vegas.

Mike

Do you or does anyone know if the school you refer to has a CFI-R and CFII-R add on program, and if so,is it a good one?

Hey guys,

This is Chris, CFI at Elite Flight Training. We offer a complete professional pilot program helicopter or fixed wing for post 9/11 and non Veterans as well. We are also the only Scenario Based Training certified school in the world to offer both helicopter/fixed wing. Please call us 702-835-1222 and speak with Kristin.

Hey guys,

This is Chris, CFI at Elite Flight Training. We offer a complete professional pilot program helicopter or fixed wing for post 9/11 and non Veterans as well. We are also the only Scenario Based Training certified school in the world to offer both helicopter/fixed wing. Please call us 702-835-1222 and speak with Kristin.

Do you have a website ?

With what Mikemv has to say about them, I wouldn't shy away from them. Have you visited them? You should, and if it isn't a good fit for you and you want the schools that are up to date with SBT, take Mike's word on them. He is the man that trains the facilitators, and has good insight to schools with the real SBT programs. Besides he is a great guy, he is to the point and tells it like it is, but is always willing to help those that are willing to take his advice.

Braz,

Look on my web site for an explanation of modern flight training methodologies.

Contact me via e-mail if you need further info. mikefranz@embarqmail.com

Best wishes,

Mike

Mike, Lyn, Tim and i visited Elite before HeliSuccess last year. I too have to give them props as they are doing things right there. Gagne flew with us for a while before he moved back home to Vegas and he is top shelf (actually one of my favorite folks and i trust him explicitly). I tried hard to keep him on our team but he lives a couple of miles away from Elite and decided to go home. (Which was a great thing for Elite cuz he was instrumental in putting the VA program together for them). If you have any further questions i am happy to answer them, just pm me here or give me a call at Heli-Ops.

Chris also helped put this awesome day together for another one of our CFIIs and made this video... good times!!

Here are some photos of our visit..

https://www.facebook...29809710&type=3

sincerely,

dp

• Like 1

61.105 (b (12) Aeronautical decision making and judgment - has been around for a long time. Can't say I've ever met an instructor or school willing to take someone to certification level without talking about such things as : IMSAFE, 3 P's, SRM, etc, etc, etc.

Heck this publication - Revision 2 is dated 2009 : http://www.faa.gov/r...AA-H-8083-2.pdf

Any school should be able to teach you how to be a safe pilot, as stated never met a school or instructor that would sign you off otherwise *shrug*

Also, lots of schools that take GI Bill.

Last, I've not heard anything bad about Elite.

but hey what do I know, I'm just a working commercial pilot *shrug*

Edited by Rogue