CW3 or above LOR

For an in-service LOR they need to be currently serving. You need your company-level UCMJ, battalion-level UCMJ, and a senior WO in your career field or a Major currently on flight status if you're going 153A.

Those are the required LORs, you can have ones in addition to those.

For an in-service LOR they need to be currently serving. You need your company-level UCMJ, battalion-level UCMJ, and a senior WO in your career field or a Major currently on flight status if you're going 153A.

Those are the required LORs, you can have ones in addition to those.

I'm coming from the civilian side. I'll assume it still needs to be an active duty WO3.

I'm coming from the civilian side. I'll assume it still needs to be an active duty WO3.

From the civilian side there isn't the same requirement. Some guys get letters from teachers or coaches. It's good to get letters from CW3+ and Officers, it shows you networked and the letters have some credibility.

An example for my packet is I had a CW2 from Vietnam but he's the VP of Columbia helicopters as well. Also had a retired O-6 Navy Captain.

• Like 1

From the civilian side there isn't the same requirement. Some guys get letters from teachers or coaches. It's good to get letters from CW3+ and Officers, it shows you networked and the letters have some credibility.

An example for my packet is I had a CW2 from Vietnam but he's the VP of Columbia helicopters as well. Also had a retired O-6 Navy Captain.

I asked a guy on Reddit, and he hooked me up with a CW4. WOs in general have been very helpful answering questions and helping when I was confused - probably as a result of having been through this wringer themselves in the past.

• Like 1