Heli-success 2015

nightsta1ker

I may not make it (again) this year. I'll be attending the ITRS in Portland on the 8th and my brain can only handle so much travel. However, for those that do not know about this, it is one of the most outstanding experiences and one of the BEST things you can do for your helicopter career.

If you're a military guy coming out looking for civilian work, this is a must attend event.

Here's a link to the website. It sells out every year so don't wait to sign up.

https://www.thehelicopterstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CDS1

If I'm not there, have a beer with the boys for me. If I make it, you can buy the beer!

Goldy

Edited by Goldy
  • Like 1

How does this compare to HeliExpo? I hope to move onto the next rung in my career this spring so I know I should attend one or the other, but I'm not sure if they offer the same benefits. HeliExpo would be much easier for me financially but I get the sense that HeliSuccess would be better for networking, is that accurate?

There is usually a mini Helisuccess at Heliexpo.

:)

Yes, Heli-Success was so successful that HAI asked Lyn to produce a mini version at Heli Expo each year. It's not the same, but if you're going to HAI, be sure to drop in for the mini version. If you can do both, do both. If you're looking to make contacts and talk to potential employers, go to the full length Heli Success in Vegas.

• Like 1

Several years ago while attending the job fair at Heliexpo I bumped into a CFI I knew. Last I saw him he was standing in a rather long line to talk with PHI. A few weeks later he informed me that they hired him. He had just under 2000hrs.

:)

I have been to Heli-Success, but not Heli-Expo. From what I've heard, Success is geared more towards job seekers and Expo is geared more towards operators. I can only account for what I saw at Success, but it was great. I will be going again when I am hirable by the operators who were there.

I haven't been back to Helisuccess since the first one.

Who might this seminar benefit?

• Students presently in a Pro Pilot Training Program.
  • Flight Instructors getting ready to break out of the training environment and into the REAL WORLD!
  • Individuals considering transferring to other sectors of the industry. i.e., GOM to EMS.
  • Individuals transitioning from Military to Civilian.

I kinda felt like I didn't belong. So I'd go with Heliexpo.

• Like 1