Chances of Korea

Just make sure you are in by curfew. I've seen plenty of drunk soldiers get their asses kicked who thought they could escape the MPs

This is a joke, right? Do Mommy and Daddy get all frowny-face???

This is a joke, right? Do Mommy and Daddy get all frowny-face???

The Army had to put a 1am curfew on soldiers stationed in Korea. Too many drunk bar brawls, sexual assaults, things of that sort. The MPs patrol the bars and clubs downtown all night after 1am, questioning anyone who looks military. You got a short hair cut, you better be able to produce an alien registration card proving you are a civilian, or have one hell of a British accent.

In downtown Daegu, one bar was so bad with rampant drug use and fights, the army banned them from going in it at all. It course, since the army was their only clientele, it went out of business soon after.

Thats the problem with Korea. Since none of their cultural artifacts or attractions survived the war, and they have no decent theme parks or entertainment venues, there is nothing much to do there except drink.

The soldiers are actually lucky to have a curfew. My Irish coworker started drinking every Friday at 10pm and didn't go home until the first daylight of Sunday morning. He was a wreck.

• Like 1

Thats the problem with Korea. Since none of their cultural artifacts or attractions survived the war, and they have no decent theme parks or entertainment venues, there is nothing much to do there except drink.

I didn't find that to be true at all. Maybe if you're stationed at Humphreys there's nothing to do but Seoul is a great city.

The soldiers are actually lucky to have a curfew. My Irish coworker started drinking every Friday at 10pm and didn't go home until the first daylight of Sunday morning. He was a wreck.

The 60s are Limas out there. For both the assault battalion and the GSAB.

I could be mistaken but I'm almost positive I saw some mikes flying around out there.

And if you're a 64 pilot you're probably going to take a 9 month trip there eventually as a rotational unit.

Edited by SBuzzkill

• 2 weeks later...