Navy to WOFT

Hello all, Iam very interested in putting together a package. Iam currently an E-6 in the Navy and have been in for almost 10 years now. Iam 28 years old. Ive been scouring the internet looking for information on how to get started doing an service change. If anyone on here has done the transition from Navy to Army WOFT Iam more than willing to receive any helpful tips and info on getting started. Thanks for the help.

-Brian

You will require an Active Federal Service Waiver. It has recently changed from 12 years maximum to 8 years maximum active duty federal time for MOS 153A. There is conflicting information on some of the websites and forms. Your conditional release will need to be aligned so that you have approximately a year to transfer services from the first day of your first proposed board. It's complicated. Start with the flight physical and SIFT... Go from there.

Thanks, so what your saying is I have to wait until iam a year out from my current enlistment? For taking the SIFT and Flihht physical do I have to have any other paper work to do so? Or can I just schedual them?

For the SIFT and Flight phys, it may very by unit. I know the Fort Hood Ed Center that administers the SIFT requires a signed 4187 from your commander, and Class 1 Flight Physicals need proof of a passing SIFT score.

Thanks, so what your saying is I have to wait until iam a year out from my current enlistment? For taking the SIFT and Flihht physical do I have to have any other paper work to do so? Or can I just schedual them?

I believe you will require at least one year left on your current enlistment. So no, you should be okay if your current enlistment is more than that.

The conditional release cannot expire prior to one year from the first day on your first board date. Two separate criteria.

Edit: if your board date is 01Jan20 the conditional release must be valid until 01Jan21.