Rental Rates

Tom22

There are no price changes seen in Europe where “rental” or self-fly-hire (as it is called here) is much more common than the US.

That said anything larger than an R22 is so sparsely available for hire in the US that there is not a meaningful mathematical cohort to even calculate an average price.  When I’ve hired in the US, I’m lucky to find a R44 for hire in a given area - let alone shop by price.

Additionally, European-based helicopters will have some commonality in the their insurance coverage policies, whereas I’ve encountered US operators with deductibles as high as USD 80K and many hirers requiring the renter to take out renters insurance from their prescribed/preferred provider for circa £500-$1000.  That said, over the years, I have found some very good pricing on R44s for SFH without additional cost – but this is always a time-consuming research project and a lot of time on internet/phone to source.

On 10/8/2020 at 5:43 AM, RisePilot said:

That said anything larger than an R22 is so sparsely available for hire in the US that there is not a meaningful mathematical cohort to even calculate an average price.  When I’ve hired in the US, I’m lucky to find a R44 for hire in a given area - let alone shop by price.

I don't think he's looking for a mathematical cohort. I think he wants to know if prices are increasing. If insurance is indeed going up, you can bet the rates will too.

Never fails that Helonorth brings the “intelligence” to the conversation. 

Dumbass, it’s noting that you need a few examples to make a generalist assumption or calculate an average.  One single location raising a price doesn’t represent an industry or geographical change. Not really enough data points in most of the US for self-fly-hire.

The OP is not looking for an average. It's a simple question: has anyone seen rental prices increase. You tend to go off on weird and irrelevant tangents every time you decide to chime in. How's about if you don't know the answer to a question, spare us the word salad of nonsense and don't answer it?