Stronger Packet?

Looking to do S2S once I graduate college. I haven’t served. Here’s my current “stats” am would like to know what I could do to improve my packet when I drop it.

GT: 117 (I took the ASVAB before when I considered enlisting)

College: BS Aviation Management 3.5 GPA

Flight: 40 hours fixed wing towards PPL

LOR: I grew up in a military family and know some CW4s who flew and other senior officers who I have already spoken to about LORs.

SIFT: haven’t taken yet but I have the Barron’s and Trivium test book. What should I know about studying for this?

Is there anything else I can do to stand out? Volunteering? 

• 3 months later...

Stats seem great to me. I’d have to ask the same question. Why army aviation? (There’s no wrong answer) if you went to another branch you could fly fighters/bombers/large cargo/helicopter and still incur a 10 year ADSO just like the army plus they treat their pilots like royalty (at least in the AF)

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2022 at 8:21 PM, lazyboozin said:

Stats seem great to me. I’d have to ask the same question. Why army aviation? (There’s no wrong answer) if you went to another branch you could fly fighters/bombers/large cargo/helicopter and still incur a 10 year ADSO just like the army plus they treat their pilots like royalty (at least in the AF)

I have considered other branches, but I like the role of the Warrant Officer and being the “subject-matter” expert. I also like the special operations side of things with the Army and I would love to try to be a pilot for the 160th. 

I will admit that the idea of being treated better in another branch is appealing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 11:18 AM, dominucci said:

Looking to do S2S once I graduate college. I haven’t served. Here’s my current “stats” am would like to know what I could do to improve my packet when I drop it.

GT: 117 (I took the ASVAB before when I considered enlisting)

College: BS Aviation Management 3.5 GPA

Flight: 40 hours fixed wing towards PPL

LOR: I grew up in a military family and know some CW4s who flew and other senior officers who I have already spoken to about LORs.

SIFT: haven’t taken yet but I have the Barron’s and Trivium test book. What should I know about studying for this?

Is there anything else I can do to stand out? Volunteering? 

I've got a video up on youtube with regards to the SIFT username @merrittorius 10 minutes of info straight after the test so it was fresh to me.

Other than that your stats are good from what I can tell. Make sure you're in good shape for the ACFT and physicals as well. I come from Marine Corps aviation, the one thing I'll say about that branch is you have to want to be a Marine first. In a way, flying comes second over there. Go get it!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 2:06 PM, Eeyore said:

I've got a video up on youtube with regards to the SIFT username @merrittorius 10 minutes of info straight after the test so it was fresh to me.

Other than that your stats are good from what I can tell. Make sure you're in good shape for the ACFT and physicals as well. I come from Marine Corps aviation, the one thing I'll say about that branch is you have to want to be a Marine first. In a way, flying comes second over there. Go get it!

I found the video and I will definitely check it out!