Air Logistics

Helicopter_Dr

I have a few questions about Air Log and the pilots who work there or know the answers. As a new hire what aircraft will you be flying and what kind of jobs will you be doing? Also how fast can someone bid on a particular location and get it? And one last question, how often do you transition to another aircraft. I greatly appreciate any input. I am currently considering employment with the company and would just like some inside info from those who have been there. Thanks again for all of your time.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

I will qualify my response as a new hire at Air Log. But the short answer to most of your questions is that it is all based on seniority. Most of the experienced pilots have stated it takes 18 - 24 months to get an SIC in an S76. B407s should take less time to get into. It really depends on the demands of the customers in the field. Hope this helps.

I have a few questions about Air Log and the pilots who work there or know the answers. As a new hire what aircraft will you be flying and what kind of jobs will you be doing? Also how fast can someone bid on a particular location and get it? And one last question, how often do you transition to another aircraft. I greatly appreciate any input. I am currently considering employment with the company and would just like some inside info from those who have been there. Thanks again for all of your time.

Mike

• 4 months later...

Just as a note, your CFI is worthless in the GOM. Nobody cares if you're a CFI, CFII, or anything else. A commercial certificate and instrument rating are all that matter. Your CFI doesn't mean squat to anyone, especially the captain who has been flying in the GOM longer than you've been alive. Any time a new guy drives up and his car license plate is HELICFI, you know it's going to be a long day. I've flown with a couple of those, and did not enjoy it.