Private Rating on Ebay

That's enough of that. I'm not saying it's legitimate, because I don't know the guy. But until you have proof of it being a scam don't trash someone's reputation.

If you think it's questionable I don't think anyone would have a beef with you voicing your opinion that it should be approached with caution. But to trash someone with no evidence is, IMO, cause for you to be banned.

We come here to enjoy ourselves and learn a little. Let's try to keep the forum friendly, please.

Your reply about sallie mae is incorrect, they offer a direct loan that goes to the student who payes the school.Do you happen to know the N number on your helicopter, and how many students have you passed since starting. I may be running my mouth but I also warned this site about Doug at High Sierra, another "good old boy" who needs a chance to show his stuff. Like WC Fields said "a sucker is born everyday".

What is that program called with Sallie Mae? Because since SSH has screwed a lot of people over they have changed a lot of things. I have been dealing with Sallie Mae now for 6 months and everybody has made it VERY clear that the student does NOT get the money, unless it is their living expenses, that check gets sent directly to the student. I dont feel I need to give you any information regarding tail numbers and what not, if you want to think I am out to scam people, go for it, I know what my intentions are and I think I have made them pretty clear on this site as well and they SURE arent to scam people! What did this "Doug" guy do anyways??

Guest pokey

"ebay'ers" are a 'special' group,,, NOT all the same, but not all that different. Even when i see people i know selling on ebay, especially helicopter stuff,,,,, i think twice. It's kinda like the 'used car salesman' of the internet place to buy & sell. I have bought junk from ebay & got what i paid for. I have seen other ppls sell flight time on ebay too, is it bad? I think its just 'advertising'

one thing tho alexander? werent you originally going to limit the number of students to 4 or 6? ya may find yer hands full & not be able to deliver on yer original promise.

good luck in any case

"ebay'ers" are a 'special' group,,, NOT all the same, but not all that different. Even when i see people i know selling on ebay, especially helicopter stuff,,,,, i think twice. It's kinda like the 'used car salesman' of the internet place to buy & sell. I have bought junk from ebay & got what i paid for. I have seen other ppls sell flight time on ebay too, is it bad? I think its just 'advertising'

one thing tho alexander? werent you originally going to limit the number of students to 4 or 6? ya may find yer hands full & not be able to deliver on yer original promise.

good luck in any case

No 6 is still the limit. Thats it

Guest pokey
So what happens when some 400-pounder wins this auction??

ya sell 'em 2 seats?

What if they're from another country and don't speak English?? That's a req for any FAA rating, so you better be ready to teach them the English language.

ya sell them a translation dictionary?

You say they have to have a "valid" medical. A deaf person can get a "valid" medical, it just has lots of restrictions.

ya sell them a hearing aid?

You are opening yourself up for so, SO many headaches. Absolutely horrible idea if you ask me.......

ya sell them a can of worms?

sheesh ! i hope i got at least ONE right ! B)

I dont think its a bad idea at all. While on the subject, there is a guy about an hour from the Robinson course doing the ebay deal, but instead of the private pilot he offers the turbine trasition in the oh-6. I met the guy, very nice and has a great ship. I think the asking price is between 2 and 3 grand!

Where was that listed? I did't see on eBay....

Just about a year ago, I got a career training loan for $16,000.00 from Sallie Mae to get my PPL from the school I trained at. The money was sent directly to me. I pretty much paid as I went. I don't know if this was a mistake, but I got the check. Again, it was a year ago and maybe things have changed.....T

What is that program called with Sallie Mae? Because since SSH has screwed a lot of people over they have changed a lot of things. I have been dealing with Sallie Mae now for 6 months and everybody has made it VERY clear that the student does NOT get the money, unless it is their living expenses, that check gets sent directly to the student.

Actually, Sallie Mae does have a direct to student loan program. We used it until we get got Sallie Mae approval ourselves.

If you are already approved, then it doesn't much matter, since you can directly handle the loans yourself. Just please do us all a favor and do not spend unearned student funds, keep them in a seperate bank account.

Regardless, you're in for a heck of a ride, running a flight school is harder than most people expect...

Fly safe!