So it begins....

Hey all!

Just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that theLorax and I are about to be on our way to our first lesson. We are both attending Helicopter Services in Houston,TX and today we are watching some 2 hour video, albeit im not sure what it pertains to.

I even have my first ground school lesson tomorrow in the AM. I am so excited!

Much thanks to everyone here that has helped me and given their advice, I couldn't put a price on it!

And here we go, I will update after the lesson.

Edited by doanut99

Hey all!

Just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that theLorax and I are about to be on our way to our first lesson. We are both attending Helicopter Services in Houston,TX and today we are watching some 2 hour video, albeit im not sure what it pertains to.

I even have my first ground school lesson tomorrow in the AM. I am so excited!

Much thanks to everyone here that has helped me and given their advice, I couldn't put a price on it!

And here we go, I will update after the lesson.

Good luck.... and that video you are talking about is about the most boring 2 hours I have ever seen... But it will save your life.

Good luck with your training Doanut99 and TheLorax. Also, good luck making it through the video, you should get some kind of license for that! Don't get discouraged if you feel like you are lost, the further you get in your training, the more that stuff will make sense. Fly safe.

and today we are watching some 2 hour video, albeit im not sure what it pertains to.

Ok, well if youre flying an R-22 you may want to read FAR Part 61, SFAR 73.2 (a)(1-3)

Hopefully by now you have had a great first flight !

Edited by Goldy

the video was boring but informative. i learned a plethora of ways in which to end or save my life in a helicopter. my first flight is on tuesday morning with kristian, hip hip hooray

now, i hope he lets me try to hover again.. last time on the demo i tried to hover and the helicopter resembled a ferret on amphetamines

wish us luck!

hey y'all, thanks for all the replies.

Well the video was one of the most boring things ever created, but it did make me aware of the situations I could get into and the consequences of them.

I had my first hour of ground school today with my instructor, David(real nice guy), and I have my first flight tomorrow morning. (hell yes!)

Goldy- Already reading my man!

Good luck to all the pilots on here starting your training, you can make this dream happen. I'll update some more tomorrow.

-Ryan

Edited by doanut99