BO-105 Aerobatics

rotor91

Saw this on the Pprune forum, too bad I don't speak German....cuz it's in German. Pilot takes a reporter guy up, and it's pretty funny......

Check out around 6:15 and 6:23 how he's falling inverted....amazing pilot! 105 is 40 yrs. old this year!

R91

Saw this on the Pprune forum, too bad I don't speak German....cuz it's in German. Pilot takes a reporter guy up, and it's pretty funny......

Check out around 6:15 and 6:23 how he's falling inverted....amazing pilot! 105 is 40 yrs. old this year!

R91

It would help if I put the link in, huh...... :)

BO-105

Fortunately.....I look smarter! :)

R91

Ya, thats pretty funny. I had a friend give me the play by play. I can't recall all what was said, but on lift off in the ascending spiral the reporter asked the pilot if he was still in control? Then when they stopped at the top the reporter asked again is that it? Then the pilot put that reporter threw it didn't he. The reporter is always doing things for a laugh over there. Its a weekly tv show..

I dont know if anyone has asked this before but why is it just the BO 105 that can do aerobatics? Can any other helos do aerobatics? Is the bo 105

modified somehow? thanks

Jordan

montu...

a number of helicopters can do aerobatics.... none are certified to do them in the US

Any fully articulated system can do some mild aerobatics... Major no-no in a semi-ridged teetering system...

the BO-105 has a ridgid rotor system that has no flapping hinge.. only feathering... the flapping is done by the flexibility of the rotor blade... this design prevents the rotor system from flapping wildly when unloaded (neg. G's)..

The CH-53 can do aerobatics and was documented doing barrel rolls and the like...

The hughes 500 can do some as well... as can the AH-64.. enstrom... hughes 300... etc....

R91

Great Video... I loved the end. Here’s a link to a video of the BO-105 doing some very low level, nap of the earth flying. Not quite as funny as this video, but it is still some spectacular flying if you can get past the cheesy choice of music. Really showcases just what the 105 is capable of.

http://www.griffin-helicopters.co.uk/video...sp?videokey=493

I found myself laughing and I have no clue what they were saying.....that was way cool. :D

Let that be a lesson - never make fun of the pilots gloves (or anything for that matter) before your flight...wait till your back on the ground. (at least it looked like he was poking fun at them)