What's your height?

Stroh

I have met many a pilot and I have noticed that there is no real common denominator bewtween them, they seem to come in all shapes and sizes. I have often wondered what the average height range is out there in rotorwing aviation. I top the scale at the higher end at a towering 6' 5" tall. To answer the next question some of you might be having is yes some aircraft are a real tight fit. I have the marks to prove it... So if interrested, what's your height?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have met many a pilot and I have noticed that there is no real common denominator bewtween them, they seem to come in all shapes and sizes. I have often wondered what the average height range is out there in rotorwing aviation. I top the scale at the higher end at a towering 6' 5" tall. To answer the next question some of you might be having is yes some aircraft are a real tight fit. I have the marks to prove it... So if interrested, what's your height?

OK Stroh, I am also 6-5"..so at least for now the average pilot is 6-5" !!!!!!!! So much for the laws of averages. !!

Goldy

5'5" and 120....but maybe I don't really count for this study? I know a bunch of littler guys (under 5'9" and 150) and a few avg guys, and one guy 6'5" and 2##. Don't think any of them are on VR though, so I thought I'd throw in their figures too.

5'5" and 120....but maybe I don't really count for this study? I know a bunch of littler guys (under 5'9" and 150) and a few avg guys, and one guy 6'5" and 2##. Don't think any of them are on VR though, so I thought I'd throw in their figures too.

Sorry for any confusion, I need to clarify. This forum is not gender specific. It is open to all who post here. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Stroh

5'8" 155lbs.

My flight graduation class (Navy) consisted of thirteen guys and I was the smallest. I guess the class average was around 5' 10" and 180lbs.

Wow... Im the FATTEST guy so far. Except maybe for that undisclosed 2## number tossed in by heligirl.

6'2 225 (I was 272 a year and a half ago...... on my way down to 180. No crash diets. lifestyle baby!)

I often joke that the decision to pursue a pilot career was the healthiest decision ever!

6'-0" and 185 down from 205 a few months ago. Seems like a reasonable weight to me so that's where I'll stay most likely. I'm thinking if I stay below 190 it'll take weight out of the equation when applying for jobs in the future, but I may be wrong. Do any of you "old timers" out there have some input on how body weight affects job opportunities in the real world?

6'2"(in heels....I'M KIDDING...BUT REALLY 6'2") 205 wouldn't mind losing a couple of pounds! Plenty of room in the 22/44! \

I'm amazed at the 22 with Goldy being 6'5"! :)

R91

Come on Rob...youve seen me squeeze into a R22 before..you've just never seen me have to get extricated out of one !!

Goldy ( 6-5 245 )..yeah I know, 5 pounds over the 22 limit, which is why I've been flying the 44 !!