What's your height?

Stroh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have met many a pilot and I have noticed that there is no real common denominator bewtween them, they seem to come in all shapes and sizes. I have often wondered what the average height range is out there in rotorwing aviation. I top the scale at the higher end at a towering 6' 5" tall. To answer the next question some of you might be having is yes some aircraft are a real tight fit. I have the marks to prove it... So if interrested, what's your height?

6'4" and 220 lbs. here

I still love this thread, although I'm not sure why it's so fascinating or what it's accomplishing.

Here's a practical question: For those of us on the shorter end of the spectum -- anyone have a good source for a back cushion for the seat so our little legs can reach the pedals?

HVG

Here's a practical question: For those of us on the shorter end of the spectum -- anyone have a good source for a back cushion for the seat so our little legs can reach the pedals?

HVG

VG- If you use wet phone books it would solve two problems. Pedals and minimum weights !! Just a thought !

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is getting older but I just thought I'd stir the pot and see if I can get some people to despise me because I'm on the other end of the weight loss challenge. I'm 6'5 and 185 lbs but when I joined the Marines 5 years ago I was 148 lbs and had to go eat a Big Mac just to get into the military. My metabolism could probably cover 3 people(I try to get 6000 calories a day) and it's been a steady and slooooow uphill battle ever since I joined. By the way I do not know how you taller guys trained in a R22.

I know this is getting older but I just thought I'd stir the pot and see if I can get some people to despise me because I'm on the other end of the weight loss challenge. I'm 6'5 and 185 lbs but when I joined the Marines 5 years ago I was 148 lbs and had to go eat a Big Mac just to get into the military. My metabolism could probably cover 3 people(I try to get 6000 calories a day) and it's been a steady and slooooow uphill battle ever since I joined. By the way I do not know how you taller guys trained in a R22.

That sounds like me when I went to boot camp! about 148 in and about 158 coming out of boot camp. then I married an Italian and the weight just kept coming and coming and coming.. :)

HVG

What about those orthopedic pillow things? The swedish memory foam? Don't they make one that is for lumbar support for driving a car? I would imagine that would fit perfectly and do the trick nicely. I do fine without though so I can't say I've tried any...just a thought.

HG03

• 2 weeks later...