What's your height?

Stroh

Wow... Im the FATTEST guy so far. Except maybe for that undisclosed 2## number tossed in by heligirl.

6'2 225 (I was 272 a year and a half ago...... on my way down to 180. No crash diets. lifestyle baby!)

I often joke that the decision to pursue a pilot career was the healthiest decision ever!

You sound like me, I'm 6' 0" and currently 220 trying to get down to 180-ish. Last Aug I weighed 285. Got to 220 by December working out 6 days a week, have been on a plateau since then, but like you doing it lifestyle wise, no crash dieting, on a month long break of no working out and eating all organic foods with higher calorie levels, one more week and its back to 6 day a week workouts and lower cals again for a while.

Good luck with your weight loss.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5'10", 170 lb. I was below 150 until I quit using tobacco, then I ballooned up. Getting older didn't help. I've been a little heavier, ~180 once, but I was very uncomfortable at that weight, so I quit eating so much. I think much of the initial weight came from candy. I was used to having snuff in my mouth, and when I quit I had to have something there, so hard candy was my substitute. I could get lower, but I don't have the ambition or willpower. I'm lazy, so I don't exercise much.

6'0, 185 with everything in my pockets. I figure by the time my preflights are done (southern louisiana in the summertime being what it is) I'm about 180.

If I try real hard I can remember the 5'10" 240 pound days in the jungle.

Now it's 5'10" 300 pounds. The knees don't seem to work as well so the exercise is cut back. Of course losing 60 pounds would help the knees. I can still get in the Alouettes and the Huey. My wife says I have to stop gaining weight because we can't afford bigger helicopters. She has a valid point.

bossman

If I try real hard I can remember the 5'10" 240 pound days in the jungle.

Now it's 5'10" 300 pounds. The knees don't seem to work as well so the exercise is cut back. Of course losing 60 pounds would help the knees. I can still get in the Alouettes and the Huey. My wife says I have to stop gaining weight because we can't afford bigger helicopters. She has a valid point.

bossman

Hey Boss- there is always the Erickson Aircrane !!! Check out the leg room and I'm 6-5 !

Edited by Goldy

6'2 185 (81.6Kg)from 18 to 60+ I have never been over 13'7 (85.7Kg) eat pretty much what I want, am fairly busy most of the time don't really take much exercise other than work, just lucky I suppose

Jeeezzz I'm fat compared to some of you all.... I'm 5'10", 189lbs... I was 207 just about 4.5 months ago. Hope to be 170 soon...

I am in the same boat Fuse was in 4.5 months ago.. :( at least there is hope! I gotta loose this "junk" by June... :blink: currently 5'10 207

We sound like a buch of girls nagging about their weight ! LOL ! !

Seiously, it gets MUCH harder to loose weight as you get older, and the family and other things dont help.

I'm actually about to order the NutriSystem diet. I have met several people that have had good luck with it. And if it could help me loose the 25-30 lbs that these people have lost, it could really be worth it.

Come on Rob...youve seen me squeeze into a R22 before..you've just never seen me have to get extricated out of one !!

Goldy ( 6-5 245 )..yeah I know, 5 pounds over the 22 limit, which is why I've been flying the 44 !!

Do they make can openers that BIG? :) Love ya Goldy! :)

We sound like a buch of girls nagging about their weight ! LOL ! !

Seiously, it gets MUCH harder to loose weight as you get older, and the family and other things dont help.

I'm actually about to order the NutriSystem diet. I have met several people that have had good luck with it. And if it could help me loose the 25-30 lbs that these people have lost, it could really be worth it.

Actually, some of us are girls :)

5'5 and 180 - needless to say IFR training in a BETA II got me down from 210.... I kinda like having fuel to burn.

• 2 weeks later...

6 foot 3 inches. 193 lbs with flight gear. (10 too heavy)

I had to take the foam out of my david clark headset, so it wouldn't rattle against the inside of the R-22.

I flew the 44. Tons of room in that bad boy, great adjustable pedals

206 same story, lots of room.