Watch out for that tree.

Witch

I stayed way past my bedtime last night watching Youtube videos of low flight. The ones that caught my attention were the ones from the French forces in Algiers. From these vids, one might aassume that the French train regularly to fly close to the ground, possibly to avoid radar and such.

That got me to thinking when I saw a Puma pass some cars on a road; Doesn't that scare the drivers?

Really, might any of ya'll consider flying like that if you were in Algiers? Remember, hardly any antennas or power lines or wires to ruin your day, just trees.

Later

Edited by Witch

I can see how it would be exciting but at the same time I wouldn't want to cause any crashes either. I think everyone would be looking at you not at the road. Other than that as long as you were in the HV diagram and knew there were no lines (hard to do) It might be really fun.

On that note I still don't think I would do it unless I had to for some reason.

I enjoy flying as low as the HV will let me. I've got better things to do than ball up a helicopter in the event of an engine failure.

Interesting responses I must say. Thanx.

I like flying my A/W-95 (ultralight/Experimental) for just this reason.

My Choppy is also a blast to fly (another ultra/Exp) I dont get the same thing from my dads helicopter or from my Rotoway.

~Lana...

I like flying my A/W-95 (ultralight/Experimental) for just this reason.

My Choppy is also a blast to fly (another ultra/Exp)

~Lana...

There's a guy that knows a guy that has a Weedwhacker...er hopper, and hopefully he's looking to have a group to fly it. Maybe I'll get to fly it too. I've had an interest since getting a ride on a hang glider back in 79. I hear they're fun to fly.

Later

There's a guy that knows a guy that has a Weedwhacker...er hopper, and hopefully he's looking to have a group to fly it. Maybe I'll get to fly it too. I've had an interest since getting a ride on a hang glider back in 79. I hear they're fun to fly.

Later

The wonderful thing about helicopter's this small is you can buy componets when you have the money. I built my A/W-95 this way. I have learned so much and I think if anyone who is looking to build a home build should start with this unit. Its been around since the 1950's and many other helicopters (homebuild ultralights\expermentals) are based on the Choppy design.

Its a really strong airframe and ive flown 6 other home build designs that dont match the A/W Choppy.

If anyone has an intress here is the websight that sales the componets to build your own homebuild Vortech's parts and kits link!