Helicopter pilots with myspace pages

Guest rotorflyr84

Guest rotorflyr84

First off, I had no idea where to place this topic, so if it needs to be moved, by all means place it in the appropriate place.

I was just wondering if any pilots here had myspace pages, and would like to add each other as friends? I created a page, and thought it would be a great way for us pilots to keep in touch in addition to VR. Good idea or bad idea? Opinions are welcome.

My Site:

www.myspace.com/helipilot_tlp

Errrm.... I thought vertical reference was a GREAT way for all like minded pilots to stick together..?

Personally, I have always thought the likes of My space was always the genre of more 'mainstream' types of affair. I think VR provides a BRILLIANT environment for all heli rated discussion - why rely on farming out this to a lowly third party such as My space?

Now now there, MySpace is another cybertool used for communications. Many people use it to keep in touch with friends, family, and others who share similar interests.

I have one that is slowly turning into webrot. I have seen other commercial pilots that have pages and I must say, the stuff they post is quite interesting, although slow due to a dial-up connection. I'm too cheap to get high-speed internet.

That said, I also have a YouTube page that'll have a few vids that others liked. YouTube good.

So, without further adieu...My MySpace Page,

Later

Edited by Witch

Myspace is not at all like VR. It's a way to share your interests and stay in touch with friends and family. Here it's more like a discussion set up.

On Myspace you can post your favorite songs, pictures, videos design your own page with anything you want. Start a blog, it's limitless.

There are a lot of pilots on myspace. You can check mine out at www.myspace.com/jdhelicopterpilot

It's a work in progress and right now dedicated to my friends Emeric and John Terry.(Killed in the Catalina Island accident)

Oh, and I still post all the time on here and the alternate forum at JH. So, it's ok to have and do both. :>)

Edited by JDHelicopterPilot

Guest rotorflyr84

Yeah, I have to say that because people add each other as friends on myspace or facebook, it's not going to change a thing here at VR. The enhancement of those types of sites, is it allows us to get to know more about one another besides the fact that we all have interest in aviation and helicopters. I know it's not going to stop my contribution to this community. B)