Air Methods Pay

It's COLA. Cost of Living Adjustment. Pretty easy really. If you are offered base pay of say $50,000/yr and they offer a COLA of 110% then they will pay an additional 10% of your base pay so that would be a total of $55,000/yr.

This is a good thing. Many companies don't offer this. I had to leave California because my last employer paid me next to nothing for as much as it costs to live there.

JD

I read on the Brian Hudson pay scale site that Air Methods has pay adjustments depending on the bases geographical location. I see there are bases in California that have almost a 150% pay increases. Can anyone shine any light on this matter? Thanks in advance

The company uses the ACCRA scale to compensate for cost of living for those based in some areas. The ACCRA adjustment is applied to one's salary less supplements, which don't vary. Workover, overtime etc. are based on pre-ACRRA salary rates.

• 13 years later...
On 7/7/2008 at 9:05 AM, Wally said:

The company uses the ACCRA scale to compensate for cost of living for those based in some areas. The ACCRA adjustment is applied to one's salary less supplements, which don't vary. Workover, overtime etc. are based on pre-ACRRA salary rates.

Can you explain ACCRA better. I simply do not understand the % scale. Anything I search it brings the capital go Ghana.

Thanks A lot

19 hours ago, J J said:

Can you explain ACCRA better. I simply do not understand the % scale. Anything I search it brings the capital go Ghana.

Thanks A lot

Go to appendix B. Since AMC has no pay scale that I can figure out, take whatever salary offered or agreed, find your base and multiply it by the last number. That's your pay. Appendix A section 4 explains ACCRA in detail.

https://www.opeiulocal109.com/_files/ugd/5d4429_d014d62c69d44d55a785561901ea411d.pdf

Edited by helonorth

On 4/14/2022 at 4:10 PM, helonorth said:

Go to appendix B. Since AMC has no pay scale that I can figure out, take whatever salary offered or agreed, find your base and multiply it by the last number. That's your pay. Appendix A section 4 explains ACCRA in detail.

https://www.opeiulocal109.com/_files/ugd/5d4429_d014d62c69d44d55a785561901ea411d.pdf

Thanks a lot for the response!
I could not find the base. If you could help me with the math I could figure it out. 
Example. Let's say the salary is 75,000 and ACCRA 160%. What would be the total?