Submitting Packet

For those of you who have recently submitted your packets: did you scan all of your documents and make one PDF or send an email containing all of the PDF's/JPG's separately?

I've found conflicting information on this subject, to include the recruiting site.

After approximately 6 months, I should be submitting my packet within the next couple of days.

• Like 1

Scan it in chunks. I submitted mine into 6 different groups. If you are active duty, it should look some thing like this:

1) Checklist thru LORs

2) Resume

3) ERB and Ncoer

4) 1059s, College, SIFT

5) Security memo, Form 3.1, DA 2808/2807, SOU, PT card

6) DA Photo

I'm sure if you are street to seat, you can modify the list and tailor it to the documents required for that packet. Good luck!

I'm active duty and the warrant officer recruiter told me to scan in each document individually, and number according to the checklist. The checklist was 1.pdf and then so on. I figured that it made it easy for them organize the documents and if you needed to update or correct any individual form they could easily select and replace.

Bam! conflicting information.

Honestly, I think which ever way you do it, they're going to accept the packet, or they'll send you an email back to correct whatever deficiencies you may have. I made a mistake on my packet on my first submission and the next morning I had an email to tell me to fix it.

While I haven't submitted anything yet, I do specifically remember seeing a PDF file size that it must remain under. My assumption would be that they want us to pack as many into the file without breaking that threshold, in order to make it easier on them instead of having to individually open each file. Or better yet, if you adjust the pdf quality (won't be noticeable to the naked eye) you may be able to fit the entire packet within those limits. More conflicting information.. lol.

I'm active duty and the warrant officer recruiter told me to scan in each document individually, and number according to the checklist. The checklist was 1.pdf and then so on. I figured that it made it easy for them organize the documents and if you needed to update or correct any individual form they could easily select and replace.

Bam! conflicting information.

Honestly, I think which ever way you do it, they're going to accept the packet, or they'll send you an email back to correct whatever deficiencies you may have. I made a mistake on my packet on my first submission and the next morning I had an email to tell me to fix it.

This is what is represented on their site. It's nice to see confirmation of this.

I appreciate all of your responses; I'm active duty and will be competing in the SEPT board.

• 2 months later...

Coming from a civilian here: my recruiter handled my packet submission for me so I personally never received any confirmation email saying that USAREC had received my packet. We're about a week out from selection and I'm 95% certain that I'm just being paranoid and that USAREC did receive my packet because my recruiter is pretty good at what he does and I trust him. But just to be 100% certain, does anyone have any advice for how I can verify that USAREC did in fact receive my packet?

Coming from a civilian here: my recruiter handled my packet submission for me so I personally never received any confirmation email saying that USAREC had received my packet. We're about a week out from selection and I'm 95% certain that I'm just being paranoid and that USAREC did receive my packet because my recruiter is pretty good at what he does and I trust him. But just to be 100% certain, does anyone have any advice for how I can verify that USAREC did in fact receive my packet?

Im active duty and I just called one of the Warrant Officer recruiters and they verified the status of my packet before it got boarded. Im not sure if it works the same way for civilians, but you could always give it a shot.

I'm active duty, selected this time last year.

I scanned each document individually, and simply titled them 1.pdf, 2.pdf, etc. This makes is much more simple for any requested corrections.

For the email submission, each email was limited to 5MB, so just figure out how many files you can fit per email. My submission took 8 separate emails.

Email subject lines: Last Name, First Name, MI -153A- 1 of 8

Ryan