Moose???????

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17469416/?GT1=9145

Im wondering how TRUE that story could be, but there it is! The first thing I thought of immediately after my concern for the safety of those aboard, was if it was anyone that frequents this forum! I remember seeing some moose tagging photos at one time. Yes, alaska is a big state with a lot of helicopters. But you never know!

Guest rookie101

Good chance it was a TEMSCO helicopter judging by how close to Juneau this incident took place:

"50 miles northwest of Juneau in southeast Alaska."

Maybe vertrefadmin. know's the guy or he could've been the pilot :blink:

Rollthbns,you beat me to it!! I was just about to post that article lol..........remind me to stay FAR away from any moose....tranquilized or not!!!!

Sorry! I was in the middle of doing something else when the word "helicopter" caught the corner of my eye. Then I thought, hay... I think there is a Temsco guy here that has posted some Moose tagging photos. Im glad everyone was OK. What a story to add to the vault of experiences. It will be interesting to get the full scoop on the circumstances. I am imagining that the helo was attempting to herd the animal to keep it in the open, and therefore must have been backed up to a treeline or something.

Temsco helicopters are mostly red, so Im having this whole matador / moose thing play out in my head.

Again, I am VERY glad nobody appears to have been injured.

Good chance it was a TEMSCO helicopter judging by how close to Juneau this incident took place:

"50 miles northwest of Juneau in southeast Alaska."

Maybe vertrefadmin. know's the guy or he could've been the pilot :blink:

I doubt it was Rey, I think he is at Heli-Expo, but you never know. Watch out when the moose is loose!

DANG...you beat me to it too! LOL....funny crap though eh?...theres some moose taggers on this forum arent there?

Maybe they need to teach moose evasion as part of ground school? Can you just see little R-22's doing autos on one side of the pattern and moose-dodges on the other? :lol:

Maybe they need to teach moose evasion as part of ground school? Can you just see little R-22's doing autos on one side of the pattern and moose-dodges on the other? :lol:

LMAO!!! Oh,the the ideas that puts in my head!!!! I can see it now:No.NO!! Go the other way......no...left....right........ewwwwwwww...wrong direction...moose dead :blink: