X-country and a weak bladder

I never had a problem in a fixed-wing, but in a helicopter? an R-22 at that; what do you do if you have to pee that bad?!

Land, roll the throttle down to 70%, governor off, collective and cyclic frictions on full, stand on the skid and pee. Real simple. Been there done that one.

Goldy

Phhh... I don't own my own aircraft... I rent. They aren't my seats and I can always toss my pants and boxers in the wash when I get home ;)

And if you have a passenger, it's easy for them to hold the throttle and collective down. The problem is getting airborne again before the farmer reaches you to bitch at you for landing in his field.

Later

I landed on a gravel country road low recon, no traffic anywhere. Standing on the skid doing the deed watching the tail rotor, look up there's a lady in a minivan sitting there smiling. Well I just went ahead and finished climbed in rolled up gave her a big smile and wave and off I went. I was taught to land crossways on a road like that so people won't think they can sneak past the fuselage not thinking about the rotors until.....whack whack whack JUNK

Just land and do it, use common sense, try not to land on a part of someone's property where they can see you. If they see you and try to confront you, get the hell out of there and try not to let them see your N#. Just piss and get the hell out of there, don't be stupid and tell everyone at your school you did it either.

I agree, don't be stupid about it. Keep in mind there are some States with laws against landing on a roadway, so if you can find a place that's not on someone's property and not on a roadway, all the better and speaking from my Fire Department days, DO NOT TRUST SOMEONE IN A VEHICLE!!! they will try to pass, they will do stupid things, they will get out and gawk, try to talk to you... You name it, I've seen someone in a vehicle try to do it.

Just remember all your off airport operations and be SAFE.

Howabout in the middle of the runway?

I have a feeling that if anyone from my school is on this board I'm never going to be able to rent from them again.

I'm telling Mike R to air out all the seat cushions!

Just reading about something as simple as this REALLY makes me appreciate flying a helicopter. Last summer I borrowed a friends hay field and gave several family members short rides over the area we grew up. To do it with an airplane would have taken several hours and certainly not as low or slow. The fence/tree line provided us with a nice private place to 'take care of business.

Howabout in the middle of the runway?

234AB: "Tower, 4AB, can we get a short delay on the runway here to take care of some business?"

Tower: "4AB, roger, proceed as requested."

Tower: "4AB, are you doing what I think you.... Oh my.... you sure are!!"

:blink:

234AB: "Tower, 4AB, can we get a short delay on the runway here to take care of some business?"

Tower: "4AB, roger, proceed as requested."

Tower: "4AB, are you doing what I think you.... Oh my.... you sure are!!"

:blink:

HAHAHAHA! I'm going to have to try that.

J-

As a way of remaining proficient, I practiced this technique yesterday on a flight in the 44. It's important to keep your skill levels high !!

Goldy