HAI needs scholarships for new pilots

Tenacious T

So I wanted to go to HAI Heli-Expo and network and take a few courses. I went to the website, I have been doing power line patrol and was interested in the Flying in a Wire Environment course. $600 a course?! Plus $265 to attend the Expo?! This is my first flying job, I barely make enough to eat. Oh well, maybe someday. It would be nice if they offered a few seats for people like myself on a grant or maybe have an essay contest.

If you made $200 an hour, I bet you would have no problem spending some of that on classes and making yourself a better pilot eh? LOL

HAI is not for pilots, it is for companies.

If you made $200 an hour, I bet you would have no problem spending some of that on classes and making yourself a better pilot eh? LOL

Then the pilot would make more then the company...

If that were the total case then there would not be a job fair. Yes companies are there to sell their services to other companies, but they have also found that it is a place to network with and find new employees.

For each course you attend you get a day pass for the exhibits.

If that were the total case then there would not be a job fair. Yes companies are there to sell their services to other companies, but they have also found that it is a place to network with and find new employees.

For each course you attend you get a day pass for the exhibits.

Thats because the companies have a hard time finding qualified applicants.

HAI is not a pilots organization. They do what is best for the companies in the industry. I have never felt any support from them as a pilot.

If you want support as a pilot, join AOPA.

:lol: That's funny! You only get support from AOPA as a pilot if you can buy a new Cirrus. It should be Pilots who own Aircraft Association. :D