uh-72a Lakota and mh-6m little bird

The National Guard is the only component of the Army that has the LUH-72. I believe its a two week transition course for a 15T UH-60 Mechanic MOS. The Aircraft Qualification Course for Pilots is six-weeks up in PA at the National Guard Eastern Aviation Training School. The MH-6 is only in the 160th SOAR. You have to compete for a slot to get into the 160th then track into the MH-6.

The National Guard is the only component of the Army that has the LUH-72. I believe its a two week transition course for a 15T UH-60 Mechanic MOS. The Aircraft Qualification Course for Pilots is six-weeks up in PA at the National Guard Eastern Aviation Training School. The MH-6 is only in the 160th SOAR. You have to compete for a slot to get into the 160th then track into the MH-6.

Actually, the active Army does have some Lakota's(LUH-72). The MEDEVAC company on Fort Rucker has them. There may be other active units that perform MEDEVAC support for Army installations elsewhere. You can not track the Lakota, it's simply a matter if you are given that duty station, you'll then be trained and qualified on the aircraft.

Ahhhh, good to know. Thanks guys. How hard is the 160th to get into? (relative to WOFT) I was looking at their site, it looks like the same requirements. Is it just a ton more competitive?

Well, look at it this way. At least it is possible if you are male... <_>

Please, sweetheart, I'm a man.

:lol:

How are your eyes doing? How's the whole process, for that matter?

Well if you're a man and therefore you're stronger, I'm a woman and therefore much smarter. :D I'll outwit you, I will! :P

Eyes going great!! I can SEE! Waiting for night vision to improve, though I can tell it is slowly getting better - doc said I should be good as far as that goes within 3 months.

Rest of the process is going well. Right now focusing on school and getting in shape...trying not to worry about the rumors of WOFT being temporarily closed to new applicants and all this stuff I hear (confirmed) that OCS is really backed up (my back-up in case WOFT doesn't work out). Just gotta keep pressin' on!

And 67... :lol: :lol: You got that right!

My friend flies the LUH72 and I asked him about the MOS for that bird and he said that their mechanics are civilian A&P's that they contract in to work on them, or something along those lines. Basically because of the way EC structures their maintenance, they cant just have a enlisted soldier do the maintenance. I might have confused some of it but it was something close to that.

Iwant2fly, here is an email i received from the station commander, sfc randall howard at ft campbell. the 160th is my dream and where ill be headed as soon as i have the chance....

Sir,

Thank you for your interest in 160th SOAR(A). As a Flight School student, you can apply for service with the 160th SOAR(A) if you fall under one of the following: Prior White SOF enlisted Soldier (ie., Special Forces, Ranger, SEAL, USMC Force Recon, etc.), former aviation crew chief, former Warrant aviator having attended OCS, former Commissioned aviator having attended WOBC or top Warrant/Commissioned Flight School student, academically, in your FSXXI class. If you are not one of the previously listed, we recommend you complete Flight School and return to your tenant unit to accumulate 500 hours of flight time to become competative for assignment. I hope this information is helpful.

SFC Randall E. Howard

Station Commander

160th SOAR(A) Recruiting Team

BLDG 6922

Ft Campbell KY, 42223

MAN :D she does have you beat in 1 area, the "I look better in the pilot's seat than you do" :D

:D

Have you seen this ass in a flight suit? It's practically legendary amongst the maintainers at my unit. :lol: To be fair...you can't see it when I'm in a seat.

Well if you're a man and therefore you're stronger, I'm a woman and therefore much smarter. :D I'll outwit you, I will! :P

Eyes going great!! I can SEE! Waiting for night vision to improve, though I can tell it is slowly getting better - doc said I should be good as far as that goes within 3 months.

Rest of the process is going well. Right now focusing on school and getting in shape...trying not to worry about the rumors of WOFT being temporarily closed to new applicants and all this stuff I hear (confirmed) that OCS is really backed up (my back-up in case WOFT doesn't work out). Just gotta keep pressin' on!

And 67... :lol: :lol: You got that right!

I wouldn't worry about it. If it is true, it can't last long, and can really only be to get rid of the damned bubbles that exist down there. There's no way it could last long, and still sustain the pilot force.

Don't plan on 160th out of FS21, although a rumor a few years ago was that the 160th would take H-47 WO1's.

More and more stations are getting LUH's for the active side, these are non-deploy units, so again highly doubt you can even select regardless of your class standing.