AXMEN

HELICOLT

Really enjoyed the new episode tonight!! man what an opportunity a guy with 400 hrs, gets a little long line training and possibly a job, and what I'd do just for a cfi job lol. Even got to see a good video of settling with power/ vortex ring state. Wish them both the best of luck and SAFE flights for all ..

Edited by HELICOLT

Its fun to watch but don't get too caught up in it. Most of the dramatic stuff in the show is just creative editing. That alarm that was going off in the R44 doesn't exist, and if you watch closely when the helicopter is spinning, the shots from the outside show Bart flying in his orange shirt, not the new guy in his black shirt. And when is the last time that you started spinning uncontrollably when you encounter swp.

I enjoy watching the show as well, but I only rank it slightly higher than Trauma, on the reality scale.

Its fun to watch but don't get too caught up in it. Most of the dramatic stuff in the show is just creative editing. That alarm that was going off in the R44 doesn't exist, and if you watch closely when the helicopter is spinning, the shots from the outside show Bart flying in his orange shirt, not the new guy in his black shirt. And when is the last time that you started spinning uncontrollably when you encounter swp.

I enjoy watching the show as well, but I only rank it slightly higher than Trauma, on the reality scale.

I said the exact same thing to my girlfriend last night when we watched it.

The cartoon demonstration was pretty neat, of course after the gf seen it she started complaining that helicopters are death traps and a bunch of bs... Long story short that little clip with the r-44 has me sleeping on the couch for a few nights :angry: If it's true that they are even considering the guy with only 400hrs that's pretty awesome.

I didn't see that one.. gotta love tv!

Guess I missed most of it. I watched the part where the old experienced guy started flying beetle infested logs out....which was pretty amazing how fast they all move.

Then one click of the remote and a USCG HH65 was doing a rescue.....hmm, Huey or HH65 what a dilemna I was in. (Dilemma if you are under 40)

I chose the 65.

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

The editors put the sound of chopper blades in a scene with the dragline of the other company on the first show last night.

One of the other companies, (I think it was Browning) used a 206L to string their Haywire in one of the first shows this season.

I love how everytime they want to demonstrate that the pilot is pulling more power, they splice in that track of the Huey spooling up from idle... Even when they were flying the R44