Good videos.

Sitting here thumbing through the youtube interpage. Watching some of my old favorites. And was wondering what your favorites are. I am thinking less than 2 minute clips that you can show to a buddy and not completely lose them, or still have a shot at another before the "ok, I've lost interest in what you think is cool" sets in to our unhovering friends.

I think my all time favorite is from the Straight Up documentary that was discussed in another topic. Where they show the basic control and dynamics of the Bell47. And the Powerline patrol scenes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNKtGasHTKo

Of course there are also the crash clips. I do have a hard time with some of those.

This one always has me rooting for the pilot. "Pick it up! Pick it up!" or "Set it down! Set it down!" Depending on my mood at the time. I do believe everyone survived this incident.

Anywho... What you got to share?

Of course there are also the crash clips. I do have a hard time with some of those.
This one always has me rooting for the pilot. "Pick it up! Pick it up!" or "Set it down! Set it down!" Depending on my mood at the time. I do believe everyone survived this incident.

I've always wondered what happend in this video. It doesn't make any sense. The person at the controls has some ability to hover so he/she must have been able to land it back down. Anyone know more to the story?

This was alleged to be heavily loaded with too many passengers, if I recall correctly, and elderly gentleman did not make it out of the wreckage, although everyone else survived.

I'll see if I can dig out where I read this and post the link...

I've always wondered what happend in this video. It doesn't make any sense. The person at the controls has some ability to hover so he/she must have been able to land it back down. Anyone know more to the story?

The cause of the accident was power-loss due to a clogged fuel nozzle. It was estimated that the maximum possible fuel flow in one of the engines was reduced by approximately 50 % by the deposits of foreign material. 1 person was fatally injured.

Read the full official accident report here:

http://www.havkom.se/virtupload/news/rl2007_15e.pdf

Edited by Raptor^

Not my favorite, but fits in with the skydiving thread that was going a while back:

You wanna talk about playing chicken.... :P

That is WAY too close for comfort.

Sorry to post the one that everyone has seen, but no thread on videos would be complete without watching this jerk crash his 300. Still a favorite of mine.

For some cool photos and flying I love the BO 105

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

because:

NTSB Identification: LAX87LA190

The docket is stored on NTSB microfiche number 35617

14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation

Accident occurred Sunday, April 26, 1987 in RUBIDOUX, CA

Probable Cause Approval Date: 2/17/89

Aircraft: HUGHES 269B, registration: N101DN

Injuries: 1 Minor

A HUGHES 269B WENT OUT OF CONTROL AND COLLIDED WITH THE GROUND DURING A T/O TO A HOVER. THE PILOT HAD PURCHASED THE AIRCRAFT RECENTLY AND WAS LEARNING TO FLY IT. HE WAS SCHEDULED FOR HIS FIRST FLIGHT LESSON ON THE DAY OF THE ACCIDENT. THE CFI REPORTED THAT HE HAD TOLD THE STUDENT PILOT TO WAIT FOR HIM AND NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING. WHILE WAITING FOR THE FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR, THE NON ROTORCRAFT RATED STUDENT PILOT STARTED THE AIRCRAFT, RAN IT UP TO FULL RPM, AND THEN BEGAN TO INCREASE THE COLLECTIVE PITCH CONTROL. THE HELICOPTER CLIMBED VERTICALLY TO A HIGH HOVER AND THE PILOT LOST CONTROL. THE PILOT STATED THAT HE HAD NOT RELEASED THE CYCLIC FRICTION BEFORE BECOMING AIRBORNE. THE PILOT INDICATED HE HAD ABOUT500 HOURS OF FLIGHT TIME BUT DID NOT SPECIFY THE TYPE AND NO SUBSTANTIATION OF THE TIME COULD BE MADE.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:

DIRECTIONAL CONTROL..NOT MAINTAINED..DUAL STUDENT

JUDGMENT..POOR..DUAL STUDENT

VERTICAL TAKEOFF..UNCONTROLLED..DUAL STUDENT

INSTRUCTIONS,WRITTEN/VERBAL..DISREGARDED..DUAL STUDENT

Edited by lelebebbel