Flying into Phoenix Sky Harbor in Helicopter

I go into Cutter Aviation all the time in my Meridian but I have never landed at Sky Harbor in my helicopter and was wondering if anyone here does.

I was wondering about routes, things to look out for, etc. I am always coming from the west.

Thanks

I never got to land at Sky Harbor, but I do remember hearing that there was a helipad on top of one of the terminal buildings, #3, I think? They also said there was a $60 landing fee, however this was several years ago. :huh:

I never got to land at Sky Harbor, but I do remember hearing that there was a helipad on top of one of the terminal buildings, #3, I think? They also said there was a $60 landing fee, however this was several years ago. :huh:

Thanks R22butters -

Cutter says I can land directly on their ramp as do other helicopters, I was just looking for some guidance about helicopter routes for the area.

i assume vfr from socal... just follow the 8 to the 10 ... last time we flew into phx we transitioned south of the city avoiding all the commercial traffic... contact approach well in advance and they'll work with getting you pretty much whatever you want... enjoy the trip, you shouldn't have any issues...

i assume vfr from socal... just follow the 8 to the 10 ... last time we flew into phx we transitioned south of the city avoiding all the commercial traffic... contact approach well in advance and they'll work with getting you pretty much whatever you want... enjoy the trip, you shouldn't have any issues...

Thanks Helistar - I will give that a try...

The Letter of Agreement wouldn't apply to you simply because you haven't signed it or read it. Cutter Aviation looks to be on the SW corner of the airport. Prevailing winds and runways in use would have the airlines landing on 7 L/R.

I would set yourself up to come in from the West/Southwest staying South of the Approach course for 7 L/R. Contact APP and tell them your intentions. The tower freq. to plan on is 120.9. App. will set you up and should tell you which freq to use.

Remember, do a lot of planning ahead. Look at the Terminal chart closely to become familiar with it. It's just another airport. So what if the airspace is Class B. Just tell ATC who, where what you want with the ATIS. Then follow what they say. That simple. Add in there you are unfamiliar if you would like. Then they will know that you don't know local landmarks.

Another thing you can do is flight following. If you don't mind flying a little higher get flight following the whole way and ATC will just have you contact the next controler all the way there.

JD